Chapter 12

(I feel like you guys hate me omfg XD)

Daniel's POV

I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. Why did I even say anything? I'm so stupid. Maybe I am just a naive kid, like Christian told me. I should just give up on trying. Nobody loves me, nobody ever will. I'm just that goody two shoes from small town Massachusetts who nobody will ever love.

"Daniel! Are you in your room?" I hear Hope calling from the kitchen. When I don't respond, I hear her walk down the hall, opening my door.

"Danny? What's wrong?" She asks, taking a seat next to me.

"Nothing, okay? I just want to be alone." I snap, immediately feeling guilty once I see her face.

"I'm sorry, Hope. I'm just not having a good day." I sigh, sliding over so she can lay down with me. She nods, laying down and wrapping her arms around my torso.

"It's fine. What's going on?" She asks sympathetically.

"I was just thinking about Christian," I say, which is half of the truth.

"Honey, I'm sorry to say this, but you need to get over him. He wasn't and still isn't worth any of your time. All he ever will be is an unhappy, self-absorbed prick who will never find true love. You were the best he will ever have. I just wish he hadn't done was he did. You deserve someone much better." She finishes, playing with my hair. I look at her and smile.

"I don't deserve your friendship," I whisper, causing her to glare at me.

"Be quiet! You will not speak to me that-" She begins scolding, but is interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

"I'll get it. I always make you get it," I say, standing up and walking to the door. Without looking through the peephole, I swing it open. Immediately, I gasp.

"Christian?"

(a/n: oh shit. I am aware Christian's story isn't explained at all, just so you know :)))))