Chapter 42

Daniel's POV

We lay in bed for a while quietly, until I break the silence.

"This doesn't mean I'm not still upset with you." I say quietly, watching as he looks down at my head as I lay on his chest.

He runs his fingers through my hair, humming in response. "I know, baby."

"But will you consider forgiving me for the bastard side of me I just showed you?" he asks, pouting at me. I smirk, shrugging my shoulders.

"Maybe," I reply, placing a kiss on his forehead before cuddling back underneath the blanket.

"I love you, you know that right?" he says suddenly, and I nod.

"Of course. I love you too." I reply, turning to face him. "Where's this coming from?"

He shrugs, looking to the ground. "I just want to be sure you do."

I smile, wrapping my arms around him.

"Well, you don't need worry about that."

He nods, looking back over to me. "Do you promise you'll always stay with me, no matter what?" he asks, tears welling in his eyes.

I back away slightly. "Joey, what're you on about?" I ask nervously.

He places his hand on my arm.

"Nothing, baby. Nothing at all." he states, almost a little too quickly. I decide not to call him on it. Whatever it is, I trust he'll tell me in good time.

"Okay," I sigh, cuddling closer to him once again.

"Now, we should get some clothes on before I feel the need to fuck you again." he whispers into my ear, goosebumps rising along my skin. I nod quickly, jumping out of bed and over to my closet, watching him exit my room and head to the bathroom.

I bend down, picking up a pair of sweats and a plain t-shirt. As I'm about to stand up, I feel something pressed up against me. I chuckle, standing up and turning around.

"Joey, I'm still sensitive fro–" I begin saying, but I stop as soon as I turn around.

And it's not Joey standing there.

(A/n: I've lost my voice! Save me!)