Chapter 5

Daniel's POV

I sat on the grass, watching as people walked past me. I refuse to go back into that house. I'll just sit here and wait for Hope. She has to come out eventually. I'll just wait until then. I'm taken away from my thoughts when someone taps on my shoulder. I turn around and I'm surprised at who I see. Joey.

"What do you want?" I ask as he takes a seat beside me. I notice him tense, clenching his fists, but he still turns to look at me.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I think it's...um, cool that you've waited." He says, awkwardly shifting around in his spot. (Joseph dunt lie smh)

I cross my arms over my chest, trying not to make eye contact.

"Let me make it up to you. Do you like ice cream?" He asks and I try to hide my excitement. What the heck Daniel? This guy is a jerk.

"Um, yeah. I mean, I guess so." I fumble over my words. "But why should I trust you?"

"You shouldn't," He starts, looking at the ground. "but I'd really like you to."

I can't help but feel suspicious of his sudden change in demeanor. Less than ten minutes ago, he was making fun of me, now he wants to go for ice cream? I sigh before answering him.

"Fine. I'll give you one chance. I need to find my friend first." I say while standing up, he joins me and I realize how short he is. I tower above him, which makes me feel slightly more comfortable.

We walk into the house in silence. I don't see Hope anywhere, where could she have gone? Just then, I see her run down some stairs and over to me.

"Daniel! Where the hell have you been? I was gone for ten minutes and when I went back you were gone! I've been worried sick!" She scolds me before engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Calm down. I'm eighteen, I don't need a babysitter." I chuckle as she lets go of me. "I'm going to hang out with Joey. Text me if you need anything."

She looks over my shoulder at Joey, asking if that's him. I nod and she squeals, causing me to cover my ears.

"Bye, Hope!" I call to her once I'm walking out of the house. I hear her faintly say goodbye in the distance as I close the door.

Joey leads me to a car, which I'm assuming is his. I get into the passengers seat and Joey turns to look at me.

"So, Daniel," He begins, putting his key in the ignition and beginning to drive. "I have some questions for you."

"Uh go ahead I guess." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Are you gay?" He asks bluntly, causing me to choke on nothing. Why does he need to know that?

"That's kind of personal, don't you think?" I question, sliding down lower into my seat.

"Only if you choose for it to be that way." He replies and without even looking at his face, I know he's smirking.

"Well, um, yeah I am." I answer his question hesitantly.

"So, Daniel, have you ever been touched by a boy?" He asks suddenly and my whole body freezes. The car is pulled over onto the side of the highway and he's staring intently at me.

I gulp, shaking my head. The smirk playing upon his lips grows wider and his eyes darken.

"Do you want to be?"

(a/n: no, not really. Sorry bruh)