Chapter 37

Joey's POV

I wake up in the morning, Daniel's bare body on top of mine. I smile, raking my fingers through his messy hair. I don't deserve him, I know that. He deserves so much better than the scum I am. I hate keeping this secret from him, I really do, but I love him. I can't hurt him by telling him something that's useless to the present time. He'd never believe I actually love him if he found out.

The fact that Daniel has stayed with me as long as he has surprises me. I have a temper, I get jealous much too easy, I'm damaged goods, but he only sees the best in me. He brings out the best of me, that's why. I look down at his sleeping face, a pang of guilt coursing through my veins. I move slightly, seeing his eyes flutter open.

"Good morning, beautiful." I whisper, kissing his forehead. His cheeks turn a light pink colour as he looks to the ground.

"Good morning." he replies, sitting up. I almost gasp at what I see.

"Oh god, Daniel. You should have told me I was causing that much damage!" I shriek, looking at the raw, bloody scratches along his back. He looks at me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What? I didn't think it hurt that bad. I kind of liked it..." he admits quietly, hiding his face. I smirk, shaking my head.

"Of course you did." I laugh, getting out of the bed.

I grab ahold of his hand as we walk into the kitchen together, underwear the only thing covering our bodies. We see Hope standing in the kitchen, a mug in her hand.

"Ugh, not again. Seriously, you guys are like rabbits." she groans, rolling her eyes. I chuckle, looking over at my beautiful boyfriend. Just as I'm about to place a kiss on his plump lips

There's a knock at the door.

(a/n: whooooooop there it is.)