Chapter 40

Okay I've officially decided. This book will be extremely long. Like...100 chapters, at least. Unless you guys want there to be a sequel? I don't know...I'll do what you guys want!

Joey's POV

She's gone. The colour has begun returning to my worried face.

"What was that about?" Daniel asks, looking in my direction.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Joey, you know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Okay, that's my cue to leave." Hope says suddenly, walking out the door and leaving us in the kitchen.

We both take a seat at the table and I can't read the expression on Daniel's face, which concerns me. He's always so easy to read.

"What's your deal with Cat?" he asks, furrowing his eyebrows. I shrug.

"Look, it's nothing. She's just a fucking bitch, that's all." I half-lie, looking at the table cloth.

I hear him let out a sharp breath, which causes me to look up at me.

"What are you hiding from me, Joey?" he asks, the pitch of his voice getting higher. I stand up, walking right over to him.
I place my hand on his shoulder, but he shrugs it off, crossing his arms over his chest. A pained expression overtakes my face as I see his bottom lip begin to tremble.

"Hey, baby. It's okay. I just have a past with her, I don't like associating with her. Please don't be upset with me," I plead, now on my knees.

"What kind of 'past'?" he asks, the slightest bit of sass in his voice. I sigh, shaking my head.

"Look, it's nothing, okay? Can we just move on?" I ask, growing irritated. He pouts, a small huff escaping his lips.

"So, I'm not worthy of knowing? Last time I checked we were in a relationship." he snaps back, the pout on his face growing.

"Oh sweetie, that's not what I mean. You're worthy of every good thing on this earth, I promise." I say quietly, the pout not leaving his face.

I reach my hand down, placing it on his thigh. I see his breathing quicken at the slight touch, causing me to trail my hand up higher.

"That's not g-gonna work on m-me," he stutters, unconvincingly.

I smirk, my hand continuing to trail higher. He finally has enough, leaning over and crashing his lips onto mine. He climbs onto my lap, rocking his hips back and forth. I groan lightly into the kiss, pulling him closer. Our lips detach for a moment, Daniel looking into my eyes.

"You know, sex isn't a healthy way to resolve all our problems." he says, breathing heavily. I shrug, leaning back in to kiss him.

(a/n: I honestly feel like I've been fucked extremely hard...maybe I have...;;;;;))))))