Chapter 1

Daniel's POV

"Come on, Daniel! It's one party!" my best friend, Hope, whines at me.

We'd been roommates all summer, leading to our freshman year of college. I'd brushed her off whenever she asked if I wanted to go "out" with her, which usually meant going partying. But this one evening, she wouldn't take no for an answer.

"You know I hate parties. It's just an excuse to get drunk and act like an idiot." I reply, looking up from my computer screen. She pouts, slouching her shoulders.

"Please, Danny? I won't ask you again, I promise! Plus, I'm sure there'll be plenty of cute guys." She pleads, wiggling her eyebrows. I sigh before replying.

"Fine. As long as you promise to stay with me the entire night. I don't want you wandering around by yourself, or leave me by myself for that matter." I say sternly, pointing a finger at her. She nods quickly before squealing.

Later that evening, we were getting ready to go to the party. Hope was wearing one of her many party dressed and her hair was in loose curls. I, on the other hand, was just wearing dark skinny jeans and a tight, black t-shirt. My hair was styled in its usual quiff and I threw on a pair of converse.

"Daniel? Hurry up!" I hear Hope yelling outside the bathroom door. Walking to the door, I open it quickly. She's standing right there, a huge smile on her face.

"Yay! Let's go already!" She squeals loudly and I flinch at the noise.

"Calm down. It's just a stupid party. I don't really even want to go anyways." I groan as we walk out the door and into her car.

"Quit whining." She scolds before pulling out of the parking lot. "Maybe you'll meet someone."

I sigh and she turns to look at me.

"Look, I know you're still bummed about Christian. But-" She starts, but I cut her off.

"Please, don't talk about him. I just want to forget about that whole thing." I snap, hearing her sigh.

"Okay, well, we're here." She announces as she pulls up to a massive fraternity house.

(a/n: I'm extremely excited for this story!! Hope you are too! :::))))