Chapter 26

Daniel's POV

Before I can comprehend what is happening, Christian's lips are attacking mine. My hands reach up, pressing against his chest in an attempt to push him off. He stumbles backwards slightly, his ice blue eyes slowly darkening.

"How dare you reject me?" his voice booms as he pins me up against the wall in the all-too-familiar position.

"Leave! I don't want to see your filthy self in this place ever again!" I snap, storming over to my door and swinging it open.

He shakes his head in disbelief, an evil chuckle escaping his lips.

"You're unbelievable, y'know? You'll be with the guy who I cheated on you with, yet you won't be with me? He's scum, Daniel. I only made a mistake! I wouldn't be surprised if he gave you an STD or something!" he screams, flailing his arms around.

I stand there, dumbfounded. How can he expect me to be with him? After everything he put me through?

"Leave, Christian. Just go," I sigh, rubbing my temples. "I wish you'd just get out my life and stay out."

A pained expression flashes across the older boy's face. I feel the slightest ping of guilt, but I shove it deep down.

"I'll always be in your life, Daniel. I know I was your first love," he says quietly, his eyes softening. My glare only intensifies as I shake my head in disbelief.

"You will always love your first love, Daniel. They will always be in your heart. And that's a promise of always and forever. No matter how badly they hurt you, no matter how much pain they put you through. There will always be a part that still loves them," he says softly, his eyes staring into mine.

"I don't love you," I state coldly, shoving my hands into my jeans pockets.

He shrugs his shoulders, looking down at the floor before responding.

"That shows I wasn't your first love," he whispers meekly, walking out of the apartment door.

(a/n: I actually kind of tried on this chapter so I hope it was goudaaaaa)