Chapter 49

Daniel's POV

I back away from Cat, shaking my head.

"You told me he wasn't going to be here!" I scream, shaking my head in disbelief. She shrugs, placing her hands on her hips.

All eyes are now on me, including Joey's. He looks frail, almost as if he hasn't been taking proper care of himself. His cheeks are sunken in and I can see the bags under his bloodshot eyes. His bones are sticking out prominently, which causes a heavy guilt to settle over me. I didn't do that to him...did I?

I'm taken out of my thoughts when I notice Cat waving her hand in front of my face.

"Daniel I swear I didn't know he was going to be here! I'm so sorry," she apologizes, but I continue to glare at her.

I notice Joey begin to stand up, but Sawyer pushes him back down, standing up instead. I see the angered look on his face intensify as he looks in my direction. I didn't do anything to deserve the treatment he's given me these past few days.

"Calm down. Now, I think we all know why we're gathered here today." Sawyer states, smirking at me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

Sawyer shrugs, a smug expression on his face. I see Joey stand up, storming over to Sawyer.

"Don't you fucking dare." I hear Joey growl in Sawyer's ear. Everyone around me looks concerned, but not one face looks confused. Shane and Meghan look over at me, smiling weakly before focusing back on their drinks.

"Joseph, he has to know eventually." Cat says beside me, and I look at her.

"He doesn't have to know anything. And don't call me fucking Joseph!" he spits, narrowing his eyes at Cat. She smirks at his response.

Sawyer looks around the room. "Everyone here knows except the poor victim of the crime." he says slowly, sighing.

Joey grabs Sawyer by the collar of his shirt, pinning him up against the wall. I hear him muttering inaudible words to him. As soon as Joey sets Sawyer down, I place my hands on my hips.

"Is someone going to tell me what the hell is going on here?" I snap, looking around at all the faces. Everyone grows silent, Cat walking over to Sawyer.

They both stand in the centre of the room, Cat motioning for me to come over. I oblige, everyone's eyes on me.

"Do you really want to know what's going on, sweetie?" Cat asks, her eyes growing dark. I nod meekly.

"This is a mistake! You'll regret ever saying a fucking word, I promise you!" I hear Joey screaming.

"You guys is this really necessary?" I hear Shane groan, causing all eyes to focus on him. Sawyer grins, nodding his head.

"We want the poor boy to know who his boyfriend really is." Sawyer says, and I peek over at Joey. Hot, angry tears are streaming down his face and the veins on his neck are prominent. We make eye contact for a brief moment, and it pains me.

"Just tell me already!" I snap, getting prepared for what was to come.

(a/n: the next chapter is the final one and I'm actually crying rn. I can't believe this story is almost over😭)