Bonus chapter #8

Chapter 3: Tyler's POV

Dad wanted me to meet my new body guard today.

I kept on telling him I would be fine and I didn't need another body guard. Besides, I have Kyle.

I don't understand why he didn't ask me for my opinion before finding a body guard for me. He just insisted that I needed an extra body guard.

I know he means well and I totally understand where he was coming from. I mean parents, they worry about the safety of their children 24/7. But I'm 21 this year, this is not necessary.

"I can take care of myself dad," I would say every time.

"I'm concern for your safety," he would reply the same few words every time thay I am tired of listening.

"How's my hair?" I asked as I jolted back to reality and I ran a hand through my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror for one last time before my eyes averted to Kyle.

His eyes shifted from the television to me and I watched as he scanned me from head to toe.

"So?" I asked, impatient as I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"It looks okay," he said with a mere shrug then his eyes were fixed on the television once again.

"Looks okay?" I repeated, absurd. "What the hell Kyle?"

"Urgh, it looks great alright? What else do you want from me?" Kyle complained as annoyance laced his tone.

"Wow Kyle. You better watch out when I get home later," I warned, not jokingly.

I stole one last glance at the mirror before I adjusted my tie and headed out of the house.

I slipped into my sweet black Mercedes and insert the key into the ignition and watched as the car roared to life.

Stepping on the accelerator, I zoomed down the familiar streets, watching the trees and buildings pass me by.

I casually slipped on my sunglasses and wind down the windows, letting the music blast out loud.

I didn't care about the stares I gotten the past 5 minutes from the people walking by the streets.

The car came to a halt at the red light. Two girls dressed in a white sheer material shirt and short shorts walked past. Their long, tanned legs exposed to the sunlight. Their dark, wavy hair was flowing with the wind.

I pushed my sunglasses to settle at the top of my head and their eyes landed on mine.

"Sup ladies," I greeted with wink then I wolf whistled before driving off.

Soon, I arrived at dad's office and just as I was about to head upstairs, a commotion caught my attention.

A really loud beeping sound pierced through the air and my hands naturally flew up to cover my ears.

"Holy shit," I mumbled under my breath as my eyes averted to where the whole commotion began.

A girl abour my age, probably a little younger, was surrounded by a group of body guards who were pointing their guns at her.

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" One of the body guards demanded and I watched her raised her hands up slowly, fear evident on her face.

"I swear I have nothing on me!"

"Oh, isn't that the girl from Food Paradise?" I asked myself and started to think that she was looking more and more familiar with each second passing.
"Karma for not giving me my seafood pasta," I mumbled as I stifled a laugh.

"Go check her!" I heard one of the guard yelled before turning around and walking away.

Why is she even here in the first place?

I thought then I quickly shook that thought off my head and punched the button to the 15th floor.

"Good morning Mr Reich," my secretary greeted with a polite smile on her face.

"Morning Jenny," I responded with a smile of my own.

"I heard that your dad wanted to see you?" She clarified as she pushed her glasses up a little to settle at her nose bridge.

"Ah yes. Almost forget all about it. Don't worry, I will head upstairs in awhile."

"Alright," she said before walking out of the office.

I let out a soft sigh as I leaned back into the seat.

I grabbed the already cold coffee sitting on the desk and took one sip.

"Okay..." I trailed off as I let my eyes wander around the messy desk. "What is this?"

I reached forward and took the file I saw. Flipping it open, my eyes naturally scanned the paragraphs.

It was then, a loud ringing sound reached my ears, making me jump a little in shock.

"Fuck," I cursed softly before taking the call.

"Hi, Tyler Reich here. May I know who's calling?"

"It's your own dad Tyler," my dad's mocking voice filtered through the phone and reached me.

"What is it?"

"You forget, didn't you?"

"Ah shit."

"Tyler Reich! What did I say about being on time and being responsible about-"

That was when I hung up on him. I can't take him going on and on about responsibility is the key to leadership and some other rubbish.

I'm so dead.

I quickly adjusted my tie, folded up my sleeves and pushed my fringe back neatly before leaving the office.

I pushed the elevator button and headed to the 17th floor where my dad's office is.

Once the elevator doors were open, my eyes immediately landed on a familiar looking girl.

"Please don't tell me it's the girl from Food Paradise," I mumbled to myself before pushing the doors open and walking into the my dad's office.

"Yes. Ah... Here he is!" I heard dad exclaimed.

"Hey dad."

A/N:
Hey! I hope you like this chapter and it's not too shitty >< But this might be the very last bonus chapter. However, I can try to upload to #10 bonus chapters when I am free :)

Btw, if you don't know yet, I have already updated the sequel to Crossed. And I hope you can check that out! It would mean the word to me to get your support once again ♥

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter!

Much love,
Rachel xx