Forty-three.

EDITED.

I was just about to put the photo album aside before I started crying. But that was when I noticed that an envelope slipped out of it, I watched as the thin piece of paper fell onto the ground. "What the..." I muttered under my breath as I bent forward and picked up that piece of pristine white envelope.

To: Alexandra Francisco
From: Tyler Reich

I was staring at it for the longest time, my fingers gently holding onto it. I was afraid, I did not want to open it and see what was inside although my curiosity was driving me insane. I took in a deep breath, swallowing my saliva as I finally decided to open it. I took my time, gently tearing it open at the seams sealed shut. 

I looked inside to see a piece of paper, neatly folded into a rectangle that perfectly fits inside the envelope. I slowly unfolded, taking my time as I inhaled once again. I opened it to reveal messy words scribbled across the paper in harsh black ink.

Dear Alexandra,

Up till this very day, I still don't know why you left. And maybe I will never know. I don't understand why didn't you say goodbye. I still don't understand why you treated me so coldly at the hospital the other day. What happened to us?
I need to know and I want to fix it. But you didn't give me the chance to. And I regretted giving up.
But it's just so hard. Whenever I go to find you at your house, your brother would look at me like he wanted me dead.
Whenever I go to find you at your workplace, you would always hide from me. They would always tell me that you are not there. But I saw you, I saw you hiding in the back, looking at me with those beautiful green eyes of yours. I saw it. Only that you didn't know.
I missed you so much Alexandra, why didn't you come back? Why did you leave me without saying goodbye? Why do we have to end like that? I don't want us to end at all.
Sometimes I still go to your room, hoping to see you there. I kept on telling myself that maybe it's just a nightmare. Maybe it's all just a prank. Maybe it's not real. But every single time, I'm met with disappointment when I realised you were really gone from my life.
Without you, I feel so incomplete, so empty. I can't be myself anymore.
You might not know this, but I really really really love you. I love everything about you. I embrace your flaws and imperfections. I love the way you look at me. I love every little thing about you. From the way you would bite your lips when you are nervous to the way your dark hair flows in the wind. I mean everyone has their own idea of perfection, and mine just happens to be you.
I know you might not even see this because I'm not even sure if I would even have the chance to give this to you. But I just want you to know that I love you, Alexandra. Forever and always.

With love,
Tyler

I didn't even realise that I was crying until a teardrop fell onto the piece of letter, smudging some words in the process. I buried my face in my hands as I let the tears flowed down my face. "I'm sorry Tyler, I didn't want to..." I mumbled although he couldn't hear me right then. "I love you too," I whispered softly.

It was then, I felt a warm hand placed on my shoulder as a kind voice greeted me. "Alexandra? Are you alright? What happened?" I quickly wiped away my tears and I looked up to see Chelsea staring back at me as concern embraced her features. "What's wrong Al?" She asked, her voice laced with worry.

"Everything. Everything is wrong."

"Is this about Tyler again?"

"Yes," I mumbled softly and let Chelsea pull me into a tight hug that I really needed at that time. I wrapped my arms around her body tightly as I sobbed silently into her shoulders.

"Al, don't cry."

"I can't help it," I muttered as I pulled away from her. "Karen was here earlier."

"Karen? As in the lady in the white pent suit who ordered the seafood pasta?"

"Yeah...She happens to be Tyler's mum as well."

"What did she do this time?" Chelsea asked as she held onto my shoulders. "Tell me, Al."

"She gave me that," I said as I pointed to the photo album and the letter placed on the table.

"Why?"

"It's Tyler's. Karen wanted to get rid of anything that reminds him of me."

"He wrote a letter to you?" I nodded as I took in a deep breath. "You know what, I think you need to talk to him, Al. You can't keep living life like this anymore. You have to talk to him. You can't keep running away from this," Chelsea advised.

"You think so? But I don't know if I can still face him again without wanting to run away. It's so hard to look him the eyes now. When I look into his eyes, all I see is hurt. All I see is how I broke him. I was selfish to leave him without even saying goodbye."

"I think it would be the best if you could say goodbye to him before you leave for college in a few days time. Tell him how you feel, tell him why you left. Give him the closure he needs and deserves girl."

"Are you sure that's the right thing to do?"

"Oh Al, there is no right or wrong when it comes to this. Just follow what your heart desires. If you love him, then tell him. Don't regret not doing it. You know, before it's too late."

"Yeah, you are right."

Just follow what my heart desires.

And I happen to know what it is.

A/N:
Hey lovely readers! :) So what do you think Alexandra meant by "Just follow what my heart desires"? What exactly does her heart desire? To just leave for college? Or to go talk to Tyler? Well, you will see very soon ;D

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! If you do, don't forget to vote,  comment and fan!

Much love,
Rachel xx