Twenty-four.

EDITED.

"Excuse me, do you have the book 'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini?"It's a gift for Owen. He had been talking about it for the past month, whining that they were out of stock in the nearby book shop and he was way too busy to get it elsewhere. And ever since then, those words were stuck in my head, all I wanted was to surprise him with this one day.

I watched as the girl behind the counter typed away on the keyboard, a small frown etched on her face before she looked up at me with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry but we are currently out of stock. If I am not wrong, more stocks will be coming in next week."

"Oh alright. Thanks anyway," I said with a small smile before leaving to try my luck at another book store down the street. I strolled down the streets, my steps light as air when a strong aroma of coffee invaded my nostrils, luring me in as soft classical music played in the back. I grabbed myself a cup of iced vanilla latte to go. I had only took one sip when my eyes landed on a familiar dark hair boy with green eyes.

It's Owen.

I was just about to rush up to him and throw my arms around him, telling him how much I missed him. But I stopped in my tracks when I saw that he had his arm slung over a blonde who was giggling at what he said as he gave her a kiss on her temple.

"Owen?" I called out and suddenly my fingers went numb and the world before me went pitch black for a moment. The cup of coffee that I was once holding in my hand slipped out of my grip and fell to the ground with a thud. The brown liquid spilt everywhere, flowing down the streets. My heart had already shattered into pieces as I held back tears, watching my world crumble right before my eyes. 

Shock embraced his features when his green eyes landed on mine. "Al?" He asked before quickly taking his arm off the blonde girl who frowned in response.

"Who is that?" The blonde asked in an ear grating voice which made me cringe internally. But Owen only waved her off without saying another word. She glared at me unhappily before walking off into the café.

"Explain yourself."

"She is just a friend."

"Friend with benefits?" I asked, my voice dripping with so much sarcasm and hostility as I stared directly into his eyes. They did not reveal a hint of guilt or remorse, he was only sorry that he was caught.  

"Al babe," Owen called out as he grabbed my hand in his. "It's not what you think. Please forgive me."

Forgive him? Who does he think I am?

I quickly yanked my hand out of his and looked into the eyes of the boy whom I once loved. The boy who I once thought was my everything. The boy who once meant the world to me. The boy whom I once trusted the most.

"Don't touch me, and don't call me babe. Just stay the fuck away from me," I said as my voice broke towards the end. My voice came out soft and weak even when I meant for it to be strong. It was so pathetic, so weak. That was not me. That was not the Alexandra I know.

"Alexandra," he said once again, my name rolling off the tip of his tongue perfectly as he reached out for my hands. 

"I said don't fucking touch me!" I screamed, my eyes boring right into his as I bit my trembling lower lip. "I'm breaking up with you." I turned my back and finally walked away. 

Almost instantly, the tears that I had been holding back for what seemed like an eternity came pouring down my face uncontrollably.

→→→→→
You know how girls usually lock themselves up in a room and shut everyone out of their lives when they got their heartbroken by a useless boy? Refusing to eat anything or to talk to anyone? Well, I'm not that kind of girl.