Thrity-nine.

EDITED.

Tyler's POV

A few days flew by in no time. Today will be the day Alexandra will be released from the hospital.

The encounter with Alexandra was still stuck in my mind. Those words that she said, did she really mean it? I was afraid. She seemed so distant from me whenever I visit her. Usually, my jokes would make her laugh. But all I ever got was silence. The pain and hurt were still fresh as if it had just happened a second ago.

The silence was killing me. It was twisting my insides, I can't take it. I want to see her gorgeous smile. I want to hear her laughter, her unlady-like snort whenever she laughs too hard. I missed it.

It was like we were strangers, or even worse than that. I'm afraid. But I was even more afraid of losing her in my life.

I shook that thought off my mind and happily pushed open the door to Alexandra's ward.

I was only greeted by an empty bed and silence.

Alexandra?

My heart rate started to pick up as I glanced at the empty hospital ward. Just then, I heard someone cleared his or her throat behind me.

"I'm sorry sir. Are you Mr Smith's relative?" The nurse asked kindly as I looked down to see her pushing a man in his sixties in a wheelchair.

"I'm not. I'm looking for Alexandra."

"Sir, you got the wrong ward," she chuckled. "This is Mr Smith's ward, I was just taking him out on a walk earlier."

"Oh, I see. I'm sorry," I muttered. Embarrassed, I quickly walked away. I walked down the empty halls as a few coughs echoed throughout the corridor, my steps getting faster with each second passing.

Alexandra Francisco
Ward 752A

Finally, I thought to myself.

Excitedly, with the thought of having Alexandra back home, I pushed open the door. But I was met with the same conclusion as before.

An empty bed.

Clean white sheets.

No signs of any human being.

The curtains were blocking any ray of sunlight from reaching me. Well, both figuratively and literally.

I started to panic as I couldn't believe my eyes.

Maybe I got the wrong room again.

Maybe she was just out for a walk.

Maybe she had to go for a check-up.

I walked back outside and stared at the name card sitting in front of me.

Alexandra Francisco
Ward 752A

No, it can't be. There must be a mistake.

I heard soft footsteps behind me, and I was silently wishing that it would be Alexandra.

I was wishing that when I turned around, I would be greeted by her mesmerising smile.

But when I turned around, all I saw was a nurse walking by with a frown etched on her face.

What's going on?

Immediately, I rushed to the counter. The lady behind the counter was in her mid-thirties. She gave me a warm smile as I looked at her.

"How may I help you, sir?" She asked, her voice dripping with a strong accent that I can't exactly pinpoint.

"I'm looking for Alexandra Francisco," I said anxiously as I glanced around the hospital.

"Alexandra Noel Francisco?"

"Yeah, that's her."

"It's said that she had checked out earlier this morning," she informed.

"Oh," was all I managed to say as a billion thoughts raced through my mind.

Why? Why wouldn't she wait for me?

I walked to where my car was parked and slipped into the driver's seat. With all these clouded thoughts in my mind, I ignited the car and watched as it roared to life. I stepped on the accelerator and zoomed down the streets.

Before I know it, I soon came to a stop in front of my house. I drove into the garage and parked my car there. Swinging the keys with my finger, I walked upstairs to my room.

I was just about to go to my room but as I walked past Alexandra's room, I just had the urge to see her face once more. I pushed open her door.

"Hey, Alexandra. I'm so glad that you are-" I paused as I realised there was no one in the room.

"Alexandra?" I called out once more.

Maybe she is in the shower.

I knocked on the door but there was no response. I checked and there was no one in sight.

I walked into her walk-in closet and saw that all her clothes were gone. Her luggage was gone. Everything was gone. Her presence was gone.

I sat on her bed and ran my hand through my hair. I buried my face in my hands, a million thoughts racing through my mind.

I was devastated.

I don't understand.

I felt so empty.

She was gone.

A/N:
Hey guys! So here is another chapter of 'Crossed' with yet another Tyler's POV :) Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think!

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you enjoy this chapter! :D

Till then, see you on Friday!

Much love,
Rachel xx