Forty-four.

EDITED.

"Tyler?" I asked as soon as he picked up the phone on the third ring.

"Alexandra? Is that you?"

"Yeah," I mumbled softly.

"Oh my god, it's really you! Why do you keep avoiding? Now you finally decide that I exist? I have been looking for you all this time but you refuse to see me."

"Look Tyler, I'm sorry but-"

"Nah, it's fine. I get it, you don't have to say it. I don't want to hear any of your-"

"Tyler. Could you just meet me at the usual place?"

I heard him sigh from the other end of the line. "I will be there." Those were the last few words I heard before he hung up the phone and I was greeted with silence, I also can't help but sigh too, my heart had never felt this heavy in my chest as I slipped into the cab and made my way over.

Soon, I found myself pacing up and down, right outside our favourite ice cream shop- Ben & Jerry's. I held my phone close to my chest, waiting for it to buzz or ring any minute. Five minutes had past and still no sign of Tyler, and all of a sudden, I was worried he wouldn't show up. 

Another five minutes had passed and another sigh escaped my lips. I plopped myself down onto the white swing set situated in front of the glass panel. I let myself swing freely, thinking about the times when I was sitting here with Tyler as I gobbled up our ice cream in the cold. It was easily our favourite spot. It held many fond memories. I let myself get lost in the memories when suddenly I heard the warm, familiar voice rang beside my ears. It has been long.

"Alexandra? Is that you?" I looked up from my wringing hands to see Tyler standing right before me. Thousands of emotions and thoughts were running through me, my mind a scary hurricane. I never thought that I would be looking into those mesmerising chocolate brown eyes one more time.

Suddenly, I was pulled up and embraced in a tight hug, his arms wrapped around me as I breathed in the familiar, soothing scent. My eyes widened in shock and my face was buried in his chest as my arms hung limply by my side for a while. At this very moment, we were in our own perfect little world again, it was as if nothing had changed. I had reached up to hug him back, my lips twitching upwards into a small smile naturally.

"Alexandra, I missed you so much, how could you leave me like this?" A wave of guilt and regret washed over me as I blinked back tears. Am I making a mistake?

"I... I missed you too Tyler," I mumbled softly. "I'm sorry." Tyler pulled away from me and tilted my head upwards with his index finger and thumb, making me look into his eyes.

"What's wrong Al?" He knew me too well, I couldn't hide anything from him.

"I thought you hate me."

"What? I don't hate you Al, and I can't hate you no matter how hard I want to." He had reached for my hands, his fingers interlacing mine. His hands fit mine perfectly, and I can't help but think it was a sign. But alas, I shook that thought off my head the second it appeared.

"You are going to hate me, Tyler."

His eyebrows were knitted together as he looked into my eyes. "Why would I-"

"I am breaking up with you."

"What?" A soft gasp escaped his lips as my hands slipped out of his. "Alexandra, I don't understand, I-"

"I'm sorry Tyler, I got to go." I spun on my heels, ready to walk away, to never look back because I know I wouldn't make it if I do. But I felt him grabbed me by the wrist, pulling me back to him. "Tyler... What are you-"

"No. I don't understand. Why?" I didn't miss that sad look in his eyes, the spark of hope and brightness that were once shining so brightly had faded away into the darkness.

"Why? I... I left because I was afraid. I was afraid we wouldn't make it through it all. I was afraid that I wasn't good enough for you. I was afraid that you would find someone better than me. I'm afraid that you would stop loving me one day. That was why. Are you happy now that know?"

"Oh my god, you are a fucking idiot. Alexandra, you might not think that you are perfect, but I think you are. In my eyes, you are the only girl I see, you are perfect in my eyes. You are the perfect girl for me. And I never stopped loving you, even after you left.  Who are you to decide if you were good enough for me? I say you are so you are. You are my everything. "

"But Tyler, you don't understand. I have to leave. I didn't want to but what choice do I have? Your mum doesn't approve of our relationship and I'm leaving for college very soon. I think it's better to say goodbye now than later. I don't think I can bear to say goodbye. I don't think I can let you go just yet. But trust me, as much as it hurts you, it hurts me even more. Maybe, we are only meant to cross paths and nothing more." My voice barely above a whisper as a tear rolled down my cheek and he immediately reached out, cupping my cheek in his hand as he wiped off my tear with his thumb.

"What do you mean Alexandra? What do you mean that we are only meant to cross paths? What do you mean by my mum doesn't approve of our relationship?"

"Do you wanna know why I didn't wait for you? It's because your mum told me to break up with you Tyler. I'm sorry, I really didn't want to do that."

"My mum wants you to break up with me?" Tyler asked, shock laced his voice and was evident in his eyes as well. "But she seems so supportive and all."

"Yes, Tyler. I'm sorry but maybe we are just not meant to be together," I said softly as my voice broke a little towards the end.

"What do you mean Alexandra?" Tyler asked once again as he interlaced his hand with mine and gave it a small squeeze.

"I mean, it will be for the best if we..." I paused and looked into Tyler's eyes. "Break up." 

"Break up? Alexandra, I'm not ready to let you go just yet. We have been through so much together, don't you think we deserve a chance to do it all over again?" He pleaded softly as I grabbed onto my hands even tighter.

"I do, of course. But what can I do? I have to leave for college in a few days time. I'm going to Yale, it will be over 200 miles from New York City."

"Alexandra, please..." 

"I'm sorry Tyler, but I have to break up with you. I'm really sorry, I really am. I just-"

Before I could finish what I wanted to say, Tyler's lips crashed down onto mine out of the blue, taking me aback. Naturally, my hands were around his neck, hanging loosely while Tyler pulled me closer to him. That kiss was no ordinary kiss. It was filled with so many emotions, so much hurt, so much passion at the same time.

I have never felt anything like that before.

I was loss for words as soon as Tyler pulled away and kept his eyes locked with mine.

"I don't care if you are leaving for college in a few days time, I don't care if you are leaving tomorrow. I will still stay with you and make use of every single second I spend with you because I love you so so much Alexandra. We can't give up on us."

"I don't want to give up on us either Tyler. And I love you too," I said as I reached forward and pulled him into a hug. "I guess we can give it a try after all," I mumbled as my lips curled upwards into a small smile.

I don't know what changed my mind, to be honest. Maybe it was the kiss. Or maybe it was what Tyler said. Or maybe I just realized that I didn't want to give up on 'us' either.

I'm glad I chose to not give up on 'us'.

A/N:
Hey lovely readers! :D
So you get your answers now hehe because Alexandra chose to talk to Tyler after all. I mean we all know that's what her heart desires, am I right? ;D

Anyways, don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter! Love you guys! ♥

So so close to 5k ><

Much love,
Rachel xx