Thirty-eight.

EDITED.

Tyler's POV

I pushed open the door to see Alexandra's petite frame laying on the bed, with her back facing me. All the machines surrounding her and the soft beeping sound seemed so foreign to me. I walked towards Alexandra and placed my hand on her shoulder gently. She turned around to face me and her lips twitched upwards in a smile.

But her beautiful smile soon dropped as she looked at something behind me. Curious and confused, I turned around to see what she was looking at. But nothing was there.

"What are you looking at sweetheart?" I asked as I turned back to face her.

"Nothing," she mumbled and quickly turned her back against me once again. 

"Alexandra?"

"What is it?" She snapped, taking me aback.

"I just wanted to know if you are fine."

"Yeah, I am," she said coldly. Her voice was so distant that I can hardly recognise her, it was almost as if I was staring at a stranger.

"I got you your bacon sandwich," I said, waving it in front of her face, a lopsided grin plastered on my face.

"I don't want it."

"What? Why? Didn't you said that you want something to eat?" 

"I don't want it now. No appetite," she answered simply.

"But you know you've got to eat something Al, it's good for your health."

"I said I don't want to," she said, finally turning around but still refusing to look me in my eyes. "Why do you even care about me? I'm just your bodyguard."

"Just my bodyguard? Alexandra, how are you just my bodyguard? You are my girlfriend. You are one of the most important people in my life. How can I not care about you?"

"I'm just your bodyguard," she whispered softly, keeping her eyes downcast.

"Alexan-" I walked closer to her and held her hand in mine as I looked into her mesmerising green eyes. She quickly pulled her hand away from mine but I caught that sad look in her eyes before it was quickly replaced with a stoic expression.

"If you don't mind, could you leave?" She asked, her voice a little strained. Although I was a little surprised, I didn't question any further. "Please," she added, her voice came out soft and weak.

"But, Alexandra, I-"

"Please," she repeated.

I merely nodded. Spinning on my heels, I walked out of the door. I fought the urge to turn around and look at her. But I gave in to it.

I whipped my head around to see her back facing me once again. I could vaguely see her body shaking as she drew in deep breaths. I was just about to leave the room but Alexandra said something that I would never forget.

"Tyler, maybe we were only meant to cross paths. Nothing more."

→→→→→

Alexandra's POV
Note: It's the same scenario as before just that this is in Alexandra's POV so you will know what is going on :)

It's for the best.

These four words had been replaying on my mind for the past 15 minutes or so like a broken radio that I can never fix.

Is it really the best for him?

I stared at the chair that Karen was just sitting in moments ago and furrowed my eyebrows together.

I guess it is. I'm just not good enough for him. We are on two totally different levels.

I lifted up my shirt to see a large bandage wrapped around my torso.

It was then I heard someone pushed open the door, the 'click' sound reverberated throughout the pretty much empty hospital room. I quickly let my shirt down.

Soon, I felt a hand on my shoulder. The touch was gentle and familiar. I turned around to look into Tyler's chocolate brown eyes, ever so beautiful. My lips naturally twitched upwards into a smile. But my smile dropped as I saw Karen narrowing her eyes at me through the small window on the door. 

It's for the best.

"What are you looking at sweetheart?" Tyler asked as he turned around to check. But by then, Karen was already gone.

"Nothing," I mumbled quickly and turned my back against him. Karen's words still replaying at the back of my mind.

"Alexandra?" I heard Tyler's voice rang out behind me. I fought the urge to turn around and give him a smile.

"What is it?" I snapped, instead. Even I'm shocked by my own words. Tyler looked taken aback by my reaction but continued speaking anyway.

"I just wanted to know if you are fine."

"Yeah. I am," I replied coldly.

"I got you your bacon sandwich," he teased as he waved the sandwich in front of my face. I bit my lips, fighting back the urge to smile and laugh at him, telling him how silly he looked right then.

"I don't want it," I stated simply, still refusing to turn around and look at him.

"What? Why? Didn't you said that you want something to eat?" He asked, concern evident in his voice.

"I don't want it now. No appetite," I answered simply.

"But you know you've got to eat something Al. It's good for your health."

"I said I don't want to," I said, staring at the pot of flower in front of me. "Why do you even care about me? I'm just your bodyguard."

"Just my bodyguard? Alexandra, how are you just my bodyguard? You are my girlfriend. You are one of the most important people in my life. How can I not care about you?"

"I'm just your bodyguard," I whispered softly, keeping my eyes downcast, tears forming at the brim of my eyes but I quickly blinked them back.

"Alexan-" Tyler said as he interlocked his hand with mine.

I quickly pulled my hand away from his grip but I think Tyler saw the sad look on my face so I quickly replaced it with a blank expression. "If you don't mind, could you leave?" I asked, my voice came out soft and weak. "Please," I added.

"But, Alexandra, I-"

"Please," I repeated yet again, feeling voice broke towards the end. It really broke my heart to see the hurt look on Tyler's face even though he tried to hide it with a blank look.

He merely nodded and walked out of the door. But I never miss that look of hurt that flashed across his face that instant when those vile words came tumbling out of nowhere.

I looked at his retreating back longingly, this might be the last time seeing him. I memorised every little detail from how his hair swayed from side to side as he walked. How his head was hung low.

I turned around quickly and sobbed silently as tears streamed down my face.

"Tyler, maybe we are only meant to cross paths. Nothing more."

A/N:
Uh oh. Looks like things are not going well with Tyler and Alexandra :( But I hope you like this chapter, here is another Tyler's POV. I think you guys will be seeing his POV more often now :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you enjoy this chapter! ♡

Much love,
Rachel xx