Bonus chapter #5

Chapter 24/25: Tyler's POV

I tossed and turned on my bed, trying very hard to squeeze my eyes shut and just go to sleep. But I can't seem to do that.

Many thoughts were running wild in my mind at that point of time and it's making me go crazy as well.

I decided to head outside and get some fresh air to clear my head from all those thoughts.

I went to my wardrobe and rummage through it to find a shirt and some pants to put on.

I can't possibly head out half naked with just my boxers on right?

Just as I was about to walk out of the house and go to the usual place I go whenever I can't sleep, I noticed someone sitting on the top of the roof.

"Alexandra? Is that you?" I asked in my sleepy voice, as I found the figure getting increasingly familiar.

"Hey Tyler, it's me," Alexandra confirmed. Her voice sounded a little hoarse, as if she was crying. It made my heart twist a little at the thought that she might be crying.

"I'm coming up," I informed while I grabbed onto the tree by next to me and climbed up onto the roof swiftly. I sat down right next to her and turned to look at her. "May I know why you are up here?" I asked, looking into her slightly red eyes, making my heart break a little.

"It's nice up here," she lied, I could tell because she had this habit of biting her lips when she lies. I watched as she turned her head away from me to look up at the starry sky, probably to avoid eye contact with me.

"Bull shit. Tell me the truth."

"I don't want to talk about it. It's just that a lot of things are going on right now."

"Alright then," was all I managed to say although a million thoughts were racing through my mind. I wanted to ask her if she is alright, if she is fine but she will probably say yes. Like she always do.

Eventually, my eyes wandered around to look at the beautiful sky that was decorated with bright stars.

I would turn to look at Alexandra when she wasn't looking at me. The way her bright emerald green eyes sparkle under the thousand stars put a smile on my face. Her lips were naturally curled upwards into a small smile as she ran her fingers through her smooth dark hair.

Silence settled among us as the both of us sat on the roof top to watch the stars on a random night.

Thinking about it, everything right now seemed so cliché. Maybe it's the perfect moment to make this moment even more cliché. I have been wanting to do this for a long time and I think I just got the perfect opportunity.

"Alexandra?" I called out as soon as I decided to man up.

"Yeah?"

"There's something I wanted to tell you for a very long time," I said simply, making Alexandra knit her eyebrows together. Nervously, I tugged on the hem of my shirt. I looked up to see that she was already looking at me, her eyes boring into mine. "I'm not very good at this so forgive me."

I paused for a short moment to get myself together before I looked up to look into her beautiful eyes once again. I took in one deep breath and muttered the few words I never thought I would say.

"I think I'm falling for you."

I watched as Alexandra blinked her eyes rapidly, as if she couldn't believe what she just heard.

I could feel my breath hitched a little as she hesistated for a long moment before speaking again.

"You.. you are falling for me?"

"Yes. I like you Alexandra," I admitted and I thought it was the perfect moment to go for a kiss.

Naturally I leaned forward a little, my heart palpitating at a ridiculous speed as my lips were just inches away from hers. I let my eyes flutter shut and snaked an arm around her waist, holding her close to me.

At that moment, everything seemed perfect.

But I was wrong.

She placed her hand on my chest and pushed me away from her gently. I watched as emotions were running wild in her eyes.

My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as I could not understand why she did that.

Am I not good enough? Maybe she is too good for me.

"I'm... I'm sorry Tyler. I just can't," she mumbled softly as she quickly made her way down from the roof, leaving me sitting on the roof top alone.

At that moment, all I could do was to watch her leave. It was as if all the hope and faith were sucked out of me, of my life. Among all the dark clouds, I could not see a single ray of sunlight, that's how I felt.

Not being able to see a single ray of sunlight among all the dark clouds.
→→→→→

I didn't really sleep the whole night.

Whenever I closed my eyes and try to go to sleep, Alexandra's words kept playing at the back of my mind.

"I'm... I'm sorry Tyler. I just can't."

Those few words that wouldn't mean much to others were haunting me all night. I didn't know words could hurt that much.

The smell of bacon and eggs reached my room, tempting me to head downstairs to have my breakfast, but I refused.

I didn't want to see Alexandra and make things awkward between us. I don't want to say or do anything to ruin our friendship.

If I can't be her lover, I want to at least be her friend.

"Where is Tyler?" I heard Alexandra asked, making my heart skipped a beat.

"I don't know." This time it was Kyle who spoke. "Probably still in his room."

I quickly pulled the blanket over my head and pretended to be asleep.

"May I come in?" I heard Alexandra asked, hesistation laced her voice but I didn't reply her.

When I heard the door clicked open and soft foot steps heasing towards me, I cursed in my head for not locking the door.

I turned around and my eyes connected with Alexandra for a second. I quickly turned and looked away, letting my eyes wander around the room but to not look into her eyes once more.

"Oh, so you are just gonna ignore me and pretend I don't exist?"

I just didn't want to say the wrong things.

"Look, about yesterday night..." she trailed off when I suddenly decided to interrupt her, making her groan with frustration.

"It was nothing. Forget about it," I replied coldly and regretted it the moment I said it out loud.

"It was not nothing Tyler, I need to talk to you about that."

"I said forget it Alexandra," I insisted.

"But I need to talk to you about it."

"I don't want to talk about it."

I don't want to be reminded of that. It breaks my heart every time her words replay in my mind.

"Fine!" She yelled and she stomped out of my room, leaving me again.

"I'm just not ready to talk about it Alexandra," I mumbled as she left the room.

I'm just not ready yet.

A/N:
Hey! Christmas eve surprise!! :D Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It might have quite some errors because I wrote it today but still hope you like it! haha

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and fan! ♥

I will try my best to update bonus chapters when possible so stay tune for that!

Much love,
Rachel xx