Five.

EDITED.

I was now standing by the door which was wide open. I was supposed to leave 5 minutes ago, but I was not ready to leave just yet. I had my bag pack slung over my right shoulder as I looked over at everyone else. They all staring at me with wide eyes, tears filling the brim of their eyes. 

I had this very scene played out in my head more than just a couple of times over the past few hours. I rehearsed exactly what I was going to say and drilled those same few words into my brain. I was telling myself over and over, to never cry in front of them, it will only make things worse. I was never away from them and I will miss this bunch even if it's just a few days away. But I managed to force a smile eventually. 

"Hey, guys, it's okay. It's not like I'm leaving for the army or something," I joked, trying to lighten up the mood a little. "I will be back by the weekends."

I looked down to see my baby brother, Alexander, tugging on my arm as he looked up at me with his wide doe eyes. "I don't want you to leave," he mumbled, tears rolling down his chubby rosy red cheeks.

"Hey," I said bending down to his height to wipe away the tears on his cheeks with my thumb. " I will be back before you know it," I reassured, giving him a small smile, though it didn't quite reach my eyes. I poked at his stomach a little, watching the frown on his face disappear as he can't help but giggle. And of course, my smile grew wider naturally and I planted a kiss on his cheek before standing up to ruffle his messy hair.

I looked over to see the twins blinking back tears as they bit their bottom lip, to stop it from quivering. "We will miss you Al," Natalie had said as she ran to me, throwing her arms around my shoulders as she pressed her face against my chest. 

"You are annoying but I will miss you too," I heard Nathan mumbled as he wrapped his arms around me. Soon enough, everyone else was joining in with the hug as I was squeezed right in the middle. 

It did feel nice, I got to admit that. If I could, I would never want this moment to come to an end, but it has to. "Alright guys, I got to go," I muttered under my breath as I had my gaze cast downwards. " I will see you all soon," I assured once again giving them a small wave as I turned on my heels to leave. 

I barely took a few steps before turning around to hold my mum in my arms. I had my arms wrapped tightly around her for a while. "Don't forget to take your medicine. I love you."

"I love you too." I finally pulled away to look her in the eyes. "Don't worry about me. You take care alright?" I nodded lightly as I pressed my lips into a thin line. 

"Nathan," I called out, causing him to turn and face me. "I trust you to take good care of them okay?" I said as my voice broke a little towards the end and I quickly cleared my throat. 

"Don't worry Alex, I will," Nathan said as he pulled me into one of his bear hugs. I chuckled softly against his chest. "I mean it, I will take care of them."

I turned to face them all once again. This time I am really leaving, no turning back now, literally. I gave them a big and dramatic wave as I had a smile plastered across my face. I was proud of myself, I didn't shed a single tear but that didn't last for too long. 

I know, it's silly. I am probably overreacting. I am only gone for a few days, it's not like I am never coming back. Yet, I can't help but already feel this emptiness inside of me. I am going to miss the laughter, the fun, all the time we have together. I am going to miss sleeping next to these little monsters even if it's just for a few days. I had so many questions in my head. How are they going to get breakfast? Will mum remember taking her medicine? Who is going to help them with their school work? 

Those thoughts soon faded as I reached the bottom of the stairs, but tears were still threatening to escape from the brim of my eyes. I can't bear to watch them cry, I can't bear to leave them, but I'm doing this for them, for us, to have a better future.

I looked up immediately as a loud honk pierced through the thin air, startling me. I quickly straightened my back and wiped off any signs of tears, trying my best to cover up the fact that I was on the verge of tears only a few seconds ago. I calmly walked towards the guy who had my name written on a board. I was too busy staring at the board but when I was closer, I noticed that he was actually standing right in front of a sleek black limousine. An actual limousine that isn't on a flat tv screen or my phone screen.

"Miss Alexandra Francisco?" 

"Yeap, that's me," I acknowledged with a small chuckle, looking down at his black polished shoes to avoid any form of eye contact.

"Are you alright Miss?" I looked up, staring right into his piercing blue eyes and gave him a small nod before quickly sliding into one of the back seats which he quickly mirrored. 

My bag was sitting right next to me as I had my hands clasped together, looking down at my jeans. The silence stretched between both of us for a while as millions of thoughts filled my head as the driver drove us down the streets.

"Hey, I am Kyle," the boy said. He was dressed in a nice black suit and his brown hair was combed back and styled neatly. 

"I'm sorry, I just-"

"It's fine. I understand. I won't ask," he quickly said as a smile grace his lips. "So, what's your name?" He asked and I smiled.

"It's Alexandra. You can call me Al or Alex for short," I informed and we were greeted by silence once again. "What does this do?" I asked, pointing at one of the buttons I see.

"Don't press that." His face turned all serious as he stared at me, his eyes widening to the size of a saucer. "The car will self-destruct."

I gasped. "Oh my god," I muttered softly as I quickly retract my finger and leaned back into my seat. "I'm so sorry."

He was watching me intently before he burst out laughing. I was now looking at him, my eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "What's so funny? I almost killed us?"

"I was joking! You should have seen yourself, it was hilarious."

I narrowed my eyes at him as I had my arms crossed over my chest and my lips pursed.

"Why do you look like you are about to kill me?"

"That's because I am," I deadpanned and he looked as if he was genuinely about to shit in his own pants.

"Oh look! We are here!" He exclaimed loudly, jumping out of the car right at the second it came to a stop.

I let out a chuckle, shaking my head as I grabbed my bag and finally stepped out of the car. Gone were the old buildings cramped together on a small piece of land and pieces of trash lying by the side of the pavement. The sky was clearer and the grass was greener. My eyes and jaw were wide open as I took in what was in front of me. It was something I could never imagine seeing with my own eyes. 

The area was extraordinarily huge. It was surrounded with well-groomed bushes, trees and decorated with an array of colourful flowers. Tall black painted lamp posts were scattered around the huge exterior of the large white mansion I was standing in front of. Beside me was a huge white stone water fountain, something straight out of the royal palace. I watched as the water leapt up into the air before falling back down elegantly, the surface of the water glistening under the sunlight.

I was just busy admiring the place when a familiar voice reached my ears.

"Like what you see?"

A/N:
Hey amazing people! :) This is chap 5 of Crossed! :D This is more of a filler chap though, but nevertheless I hope you like it. And what??? My book hit 80 reads! It's unbelievable, the last time I saw was only 50 reads. You are awesome people! and yayyy 21 votes! :D Thanks so so much! Anyways, don't forget to comment and vote :D Special dedication to -fanqueen for being the awesome reader she is! Thanks for the votes and support! :)

I hope can get to maybe 100 reads and 30 votes? Once I hit 30 votes there will be early update! :)

p.s I will update every Monday and Friday! :)