Eighteen.

EDITED.

Shocked, I whipped my head around to find myself staring into a pair of familiar eyes burning with anger. His body was boiling with rage, his fists clenched tightly by his sides as he gritted his teeth.

Kyle.

I watched as he stride towards us and before I could react, his fist had already connected with the dark haired boy's cheek. I could already the nasty bruise that was going to form.

"Stay the fuck away from her," he growled again, glaring at the boy as he pulled me behind him.

The boy only clutched onto his nose, blooding oozing out of it as he did so. "You watch out," he threatened, sending us a glare before eventually staggering away.

My eyes were still fixed on his retreating figure, my lips still slightly parted. My mind was a blank as I stated ahead of me for a while.

"Alexandra? Are you okay?" Kyle asked, his voice soft and gentle. I finally looked up to see him looking down at me, concern and worry embraced his features.

I finally broke out of my little reverie, jolted back into reality. "Yeah," I mumbled, my voice barely a whisper as images from before flashed through my mind.

"You sure?" He asked, leaning over to put an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine," I assured, giving him a small smile that didn't quite reach my eyes. I absent-mindedly tucked a piece of stray to the back of my ear. "Thank you, Kyle."

"No problem, he deserves it. I'm always here for you, you know?"

I let out a soft chuckle. "Thanks Kyle. So, why are you here anyway?" I asked. "I thought you were back home."

"Ahhh..." He trailed off.  "About that, Tyler called me half an hour ago and told me to come over as soon as possible."

"Well, I'm glad he called you or else I don't know what will happen," I muttered under my breath as my eyes averted to look on the floor.

"What? Where is he? Isn't he supposed to be with you?".

"Well yeah, he didn't though. He was busy-"

"What do you mean by he didn't?" Kyle interrupted before I could even finish my sentence. Anger laced his voice for a while but he quickly cleared his throat before worry came flooding back. "What if I didn't see you? Or what if I didn't come in time?Things would have gotten really bad and Tyler would be dead. I swear to god I will-"

"Kyle, Kyle!" I called out to his name and held onto his shoulders tightly so he would face me. "It's okay alright? I will get revenge on him the Francisco way. And oh, it's not pretty," I said as I let a smirk morphed itself onto my lips, trying to lighten up the mood a little.

"Are you sure Alexandra?" Kyle asked, his voice ever so soft and gentle.

"Yeah, I'm fine Kyle. No worries," I assured him with a small smile. "Go, go get yourself a drink and find yourself a girl!" I joked.

I watched as Kyle walked away from me but turning back to look at me occassionally as he took hesistant steps.

"Just go Kyle," I said with a cheeky smile. "I'm fine," I added just to assure him once more.

I watched as Kyle's figure finally disappeared out of sight and another figure came walking towards me.

I squinted my eyes to see that it was Tyler. He was stalking towards me with his head held high, a smug look plastered across his face.

"So?" He started as he looked at me in the eyes.

"What?" I snapped, refusing to look him in the eyes.