Twenty one.

The weekends were finally here, and I can't be any happier as the thought of finally seeing my family popped into my mind.

I stepped into my house to be greeted by the familiar sight and smell of lavender aroma lingering in the air.

"Alexandra is home!" Alex yelled and I watched as all of them ran towards me with their tiny feet.

"Hey monsters," I greeted with a smile. "Where's mum and Nate?" I asked when I realised I don't see him anywhere.

"Mum is asleep in her room and Nathan is in a room with some girl," Natasha said as she wriggled her eyebrows at me suggestively.

"With some girl?" I asked and my eyes naturally widened a fraction before a smirk morphed itself onto my lips.

I marched into his room, pushing the door open without even knocking. It opened to reveal Nathan and the girl sitting by the desk as they worked on something on their own computers.

"Hey Nate! And... strawberry?" I greeted with a wide smile.

"Would you mind?" Nathan asked, irritation evident in his voice as his eyes landed on mine.

"Oh I'm sorry," I said retreating out of his room.

"Wait, who are you calling strawberry?" Nathan asked curiously.

"Ermmm... The girl beside you?"

"The girl beside me has a name. Her name is Olivia," Nathan said with an exaggerated eyeroll as the girl beside him gave me a sweet smile and a meek wave. She had strawberry blonde hair that was tied up in a messy bun. Her deep blue eyes were adorned with long and thick lashes which made me jealous. She had a rather petite figure, dressed in some shorts and a simple t-shirt.

Go figure why I called her strawberry.

"Oh, hi Olivia. I'm Alexandra. You can call me Al if you want," I said with a smile as well.

"Hi, Alexandra," Olivia said as a smile crept onto her tiny lips.

Suddenly, something in my brain clicked.

"Wait, is she the girl you were referring to?" I asked Nathan.

"What girl?" Olivia asked, her deep blue eyes filled with confusion as I watched her eyebrows knitted together.

"Oh it's nothing," Nathan replied with a nervous smile as he stood up from his chair and pulled me out of his room.

"What was that about?" Nathan asked me once we were out of his room.

"What?"

"What girl were you talking about?"

"The one that you said about your friend liking this certain girl," I said as I wriggled my eyebrows suggestively.

Which I'm pretty sure you are talking about yourself back there...

Nathan started coughing badly, something he would always do when he gets embarrassed.

"So?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him as I waited for a reply.

"Yeah she is. Why do you care?"

"Oh it's nothing," I responded with a cheeky grin plastered across my face.

"Okay..." Nathan trailed off. "I'm gonna go back in, we were working on some science project. Don't you try do anything funny," he warned which only widen the smile on my face.

"Shouldn't I say that to you? Leave the door open!"

"Oh my god. You must be kidding right?"

"You wish."

"You are unbelievable, Alex." He exclaimed, before turning his back to walk back into the room as I plopped myself down on the couch.

Switching the television on, I decided to settle with Adventure time, one of my all time favorite cartoons. The cartoon soon ended and the chirpy song played at the back.

A smile crossed my face as I made the decision to sneak up on Nathan and Olivia. I crept towards his room, gently pushing the door open a little wider and I stuck my head in slightly.

My curious eyes scanned them and a smirk found it's way to my face as I watched how Nathan had his arm slung over Olivia's shoulders, shooting her a charming smile.

"Alex, what are you doing?"

I looked down to see Alexander tugging on my arm as he looked up at me with his innocent eyes.

"Shhh.. " I whispered as I placed a finger over my lips. Alexander nodded lightly, as he kept his tiny fingers curled around mine, scooting closer to me.

When I realised Nathan walking towards the door, I quickly turned around to hide behind a wall with Alexander next to me.

"I know you were spying on us Alex," Nathan said with a raised eyebrow as he found Alexander and I stood behind a wall.

"Nope we weren't!" Alexander said quickly and he ran away.

"What...?" I asked as I laughed nervously.

"What were you up to?"

"Why don't you just ask her out on a date already?" I blurted out.

"I'm going to go downstairs to get her something to eat," he quickly said, averting my question all together. "Promise me you won't do anything funny," he said, his voice serious as his eyes bored right into mine.

"Yeah, I won't," I said with a chuckle. "Just go buy your things Nate. Don't wanna keep a girl waiting," I sang the last sentence to which he responded with a scoff.

As soon as he left I pushed open the door to Nathan's room to see Olivia typing away on the keyboard. She looked up, her eyes meeting mine and she gave me a demure smile.

How should I start?

"Hey, so how's your project coming along?" I asked awkwardly as I sat myself down on the bed behind her.

"It's pretty good. We are almost done actually."

"Actually, there's something I wanna talk to you about..." I trailed off.

"Yeah sure. What is it about?"

"Do you like Nathan?" I blurted out carelessly and I instantly regretted.

Shit, Nathan is going to kill me for this.

I watched as the girl's eyes widened a fraction, her blue eyes staring right into mine.

"Me? Like Nathan? I mean sure he is a nice guy and all but I don't like him in that way. He is like a really good friend to me," she said with a smile.

SHIT! NATHAN JUST GOT FRIEND ZONED!

"A good friend?" I asked, utterly shocked. "But.. But the two of you seem so happy and cute together!" I explained.

Olivia just gave me a small shrug with a small smile etched on her face.

"He is just like a good friend. Definitely," she said once again with a nod.

A/N:
UH OH. What do you think will happen if Nathan finds out? For the record, it's not good...
Anyways, thanks so much for 980 reads lovely people! :D I would be thrilled if I could somehow somewhat hit 1K reads. It would be incredible. Without your support, I wouldn't even be writing till here.
If you do like this chapter, give it a vote yeah? It will make my day, literally <3 So don't forget to vote, comment and share! Because I heard from my friend that something magical will happen when you do that ;)

P.s. Special dedication to the lovely Megs0107 I absolutely value your feedback and votes as they mean the world to me <3 thank you so so much for your continuous support! :D

Much love,
Rachel xx