Twelve.

EDITED.

"Wow, don't you look pretty today," Nathan commented casually while I took one last glance at my college application form and shut my computer down.

"I don't just look pretty today, I look pretty all the time," I declared, flipping my hair over my shoulders in a dramatic manner.

"Well, you look gorgeous every single day."

"Stop with this bootlicking shit. What do you want?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised at him, knowing that for sure he had a motive. "My pizza?" I asked, raising it up and waving it in his face mockingly.

"Well I didn't actually compliment you for the pizza, but since you offered.." Nathan drawled, beaming at me as he reached out for a slice of pizza. On instinct, I smacked his hand, glaring at him while I held the box of pizza in my arms protectively.

"Hey!" Nathan complained. "You offered your pizza," he said, pouting like a child.

"Come on Nate, you know acting cute ain't getting you anywhere with me," I teased as I took a bite of my pizza in front of his face just to rub it in.

"Fine, whatever," Nathan said as he gave up on trying to snatch my pizza away from me. "Anyway, I just wanted to ask you something..." he trailed off.

"Shoot."

"Erm, but can we go somewhere more private? Like my room or your room? Either works," he suggested.

"Yeah sure, we can talk in your room."

We stalked towards his room and I settled down on his bed. "So... What is it that you wanted to ask? Wait..." I paused as the endless possibilities raced through my mind. "You got a girl pregnant didn't you!" I cried out loud.

"No!" He yelled, waving his hands at my face frantically. "Keep your volume down, I didn't get any girl pregnant, Alex. Thanks for the faith," he said sarcastically as he let out a loud scoff.

"Oh, oh. You got into a fight?"

"No Alex! Would you just calm down, be quiet and listen to what I want to say?" He begged, desperateness swimming in his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah I'm sorry about that," I said, tucking my hair to the back of my ear. "Talk to me," I announced as I perked up a little. 

"So, I have this friend..." he started off. "His name is umm Nathaniel."

"Wow, that is oddly similar to your name, are you sure you didn't make that up?" 

He stood up from his bed, looking down at me. "If you don't wanna listen to what I want to what I want to say-"

"Okay, okay I'm sorry, please continue," I pleaded, pulling on his arm, effectively pulling him back down onto the bed to sit beside me.

"So, this friend of mine, he likes this girl but he isn't sure if she likes him back. Since her birthday is coming soon, I wanted... I mean my friend wanted to get something for her and maybe ask her to be his girlfriend. What do you think?" He ended and I watched as Nathan had his gaze fixed on his hands which were currently playing with the hem of his grey shirt.

"I guess it would be best if he can find out if she likes him back before asking her to be his girlfriend because if she rejects him it can be pretty humiliating and it might cause him to become less confident of himself."

"Well, how do you test?" He asked almost immediately, straightening his back as he did so. I quirked an eyebrow at his obvious eagerness and he quickly cleared his throat. "I'm just asking on behalf of my friend, so to you know, help him," Nathan said and I could almost hear the nervousness in his voice.

Yeah, of course. For your friend Nate.

"Well, I guess you could see how she did react when he is around other girls. Jealousy might be one of the highest and most reliable factors to confirm if the girl likes him back."

"Oh, I see. Thanks Alex!" Nathan beamed, pulling me into a small hug as I chuckled softly.

"I wish your friend good luck!" I exclaimed before walking out of his room while I wiggled my eyebrows at him suggestively and shot him two thumbs up. He only rolled his eyes but gave me a lopsided smile nonetheless.

A/N: 

Hey greatest people on earth! :) I can't believe all of you would still be reading and I am super thankful for that! :) I'm sorry that this chap is kinda short and suckish. It's more like a filler to show you all what goes on back home and the relationship between the family.

And yay to double update! :D

Anyways, don't forget to vote, comment and share! :)

p.s. I update every Monday and Friday

p.p.s I think we all know Nathan is referring to himself am I right?

Much love,
Rachel xx