Twenty-nine.

EDITED.

YOUNG COUPLE ON A FLAMING HOT DATE

Yesterday (13th September 2015), a fire incident occurred at a local Italian restaurant at approximately 7.35 pm.
The couple had knocked over the candle on the table, causing a fire.

"I can't even continue reading without wanting to laugh after every sentence," I said as I scrolled through the article. "This is hilarious," I added with a laugh, looking over at Tyler who was seated next to me with his arm slung over my shoulder.

"Now we are the famous couple that caused a fire in an Italian restaurant huh. Cool," he commented as he let out a deep chuckle.

"Uh-huh," I said, trying to stifle a laugh. "Anyway, do we have any plans for tonight?" 

"Tonight? I do actually," Tyler said as he wriggled his eyebrows at me suggestively with a lazy smirk plastered across his face.

"Ew Tyler," I teased as I nudged him in his side playfully. "I am serious though. Do we have any plans?"

"I was thinking that we have been seeing each other for quite some time, maybe I can meet your parents?" I asked, uncertainty filled his voice as he played with the hem of his shirt, something he always does when he is nervous.

"Meet my parents?"

"Yeah. I was just wondering how your family is like you know? Since already met mine... Well, somehow but you know what I mean? I feel the need to know your family better," he paused and his eyes met mine. "That's what good boyfriends do right?"

I let out a small laugh as I pinched his cheeks playfully.

"Aw, how adorable," I teased which earned me a scoff from him.

"I'm being serious Al," he added with a small pout.

"Alright, gorgeous. I will inform my mum and see what she says alright?" I said as I held onto Tyler's hand. I picked up my phone and dialled mum's phone as I walked back to my room to talk to her. She had finally picked up at the fifth ring.

"Alexandra?" Mum's sweet and gentle voice filtered through the phone, putting a smile on my face almost instantly.

"Yes, it's me, mum. How are you doing?"

"I'm great love, thanks for asking."

"Yeah..." I trailed off. "I was wondering if you are free tonight? As in the whole family. Tyler is coming for dinner tonight. Is that fine with you?" I asked and for some reason, I started feeling nervous too. 

"Tyler? Who's Tyler?" Mum asked and I could almost imagine how her thin brows would knit together in confusion as a small frown etched onto her face.

It was only then I realised I have not told anyone about Tyler and me, I guess this is the perfect opportunity.

"Well... For starters, I'm his bodyguard and now he is also my boyfriend."

"Your boyfriend? What about Owen?" She asked as disbelief was evident in her soft voice.

"I broke up with him months ago mum," I said softly. Before she could ask me why, I quickly added, "He cheated on me. I saw it with my own eyes."

"Oh, I'm so sorry darling. I didn't know," guilt shining through her voice.

"It's fine mum. Really. And it's not your fault. Besides, I found myself a better guy," I said with a smile as I turned to look at Tyler sitting on the couch, watching the tv.

The perfect guy actually.

"Owen is a douchebag," mum said all of a sudden making me laugh as she managed to lighten up the mood a little bit.