Four.

EDITED.

A familiar voice reached my ears. I knew for sure, I heard it somewhere but I just can't seem to pinpoint it.

With a small frown etched on my face and my eyebrows crinkled together once again, I whipped my head around to find myself staring into a pair of dark brown eyes.

It was then something in my brain finally clicked.

Images from that day flashed through my brain like a fast forward movie. "Oh my god!" I exclaimed out loud as a gasp escaped my lips. "Aren't you the spoilt brat that insisted to buy seafood pasta even though I told you we only sell them on Tuesdays?" I blurted those words out before I could process the potential damage these words could do to my new job.

"And aren't you the girl that won't let me have my seafood pasta and still had the audacity to ask for tips?" He asked as he had an eyebrow raised at me, his arms crossed over his chest.

"He heard that?" I mumbled under my breath.

"I'm not deaf, you know?"

"Wait. You two know each other?" Kelvin asked,his loud voice effectively shut the both of us up. He looked between the both of us, a baffled expression plastered across his face as he waited for a response.

"No, not really," I quickly answered, crossing my arms over my chest as I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"Yeah, as if I would be friends with someone like her," he spat, a look fo disgust crossed his face. For a second, I was ready to smash that look right out of his face.

"You-"

"Anyway, why did you call me up here dad?" He interrupted before I could finish my sentence or do anything that would make me lose my job.

I forced myself to sit back down, planting myself back onto the leather seat as I took in deep breaths.

"Ah yes!" He exclaimed cheerfully as he had his index finger pointed upwards in an animated manner. "I want you to meet your new bodyguard, Alexandra. Alexandra, meet Tyler." He gestured between the both of us, as if prompting for a handshake.

He scoffed after he eyed me. "A new bodyguard? Dad, I already have Kyle, I don't need her. Besides, I don't think she is up to it," he spoke as if I wasn't just sitting right in front of him. I gulped inaudibly, my grip around the handles of the chair tightened and my fists were starting to turn white.

I had faked a smile even though I was mentally cursing him inside of my head.

"Tyler..." his dad said calmly. "Don't be rude to your new friend here."

I forced out a laugh. "Exactly. Don't belittle me, my friend." A grim smile spread across my face as I glared at him before turning back to give Kelvin a full-blown smile.

"We shall see about that." I heard him mutter under his breath, barely loud enough for me to catch it.

"Tyler, this is final." Kelvin's voice was firm this time as he stared right into the eyes of his son. "I'm going to get some documents, I will be right back. You two, stay here." I watched as he walked out of the office, leaving the two of us alone.

Tyler scoffed loudly beside me as soon as the door closed behind us. "I don't like you," he said, breaking the silence that was just settling between us.

"Oh, and you think I like you? The feeling's mutual, my friend."

"Oh really? Because I know for a fact that you were checking me out the other day," Tyler stated smugly as a smirk morphed itself onto his lips.