Twenty-eight.

EDITED.

"Hey babe," Tyler greeted as soon as I stepped into the house, a bright smile graced his lips. He reached over and had his arm slung around my shoulders, pulling me to his side to plant a kiss on my temple.

"Hey Ty," the corners of my lips twitched upwards into a smile of my own as well.

"Yo, love birds!" Kyle yelled from the across the living where he was plopped onto the couch. We whipped our heads around immediately, staring at Kyle with wide eyes and confusion to see an amused smirk plastered on his face. "I see that Tyler finally had the guts to ask you to be his girlfriend. He had been going on and on about you all this time, and he even told me about how beautiful you are," his amused voice reached us, a playful glint shining in his eyes as he dragged out almost every single word on purpose.

"Hey! Don't tell her that dude. It's our little secret," Tyler protested, shooting Kyle a glare as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm honoured," I said, leaning in to place a kiss on his cheek, which only made his smile grow larger. 

"Go check your room," he muttered into my ear. "Don't ask me why, you will find out the moment you go up," he had quickly said before I could ask anything. He knows me all too well.

Curiosity was bursting through my veins the moment those words tumbled out of his mouth. I rushed upstairs in a split second, pushing open the door to reveal a navy blue romper laying on my bed. Upon closer look, I had noticed the intricate bohemian-inspired white details that decorated the clothing, it was beautiful. Beside it was a pair of low cut, light brown boots.

It was only later when I realise there was a note carefully placed on top of the romper.

Hey Al,
Put this on :) Dinner at 7pm. Get ready by 6.30pm. I'm excited about our first date! ;)
-Tyler 

A smile crept onto my lips unknowingly as I admired at the piece of note right before me, Tyler's messy handwriting scribbled across a small piece of paper. I held it in my hand gently, making sure to not crumple it as I kept it in my drawer, carefully placed in between two pages of my favourite book. Excitement coursed through me at the thought of our first date as million of possibilities flood my mind. And least to say, I was dying to know what Tyler had planned for us. 

"Surprise!" Tyler's voice reached my ears as I felt his arms snaked around my waist from behind as he tucked his head beside mine. I jumped a little at the sudden encounter before spinning around to come face to face with him, our faces barely a few inches apart.

I let out a soft chuckle. "Thanks, Tyler."

"My pleasure."

I was still lazing around in bed when I looked over to see that it was already close to 6 in the evening. I quickly hopped into the shower and put on my new romper before putting on just some concealer, lip gloss and blush- my go-to. 

By the time I'm done, it was already 6.25 pm. I grabbed a cardigan with me and a small white purse on my way out and I stole one last glance at the mirror before heading downstairs. I imagined him to be standing by the end of the stairs, waiting for me as his eyes bored right into mine, telling me how beautiful I look, like every other romance novels. But alas, this is not a romance novel, it is real life. 

At the bottom of the steps, I found Tyler sprawled across the couch, dressed in a white button-down and blue jeans as he had his eyes fixed on the television, he had not even noticed me coming down. 

"Tyler?" I called out, making him whipped his head around to look at me. Once his chocolate brown eyes landed on my green ones, his lips twitched upwards into a genuine and heart-stopping smile.