Thirty-five.

EDITED.

Nope, I'm not nervous at all. Just go out there and be the confident Alexandra I know. It's okay. It's just meeting Tyler's parents. No big deal.

I took in one deep breath.

Clad in a gorgeous white dress Tyler got for me, I stepped out of my room and head to the dining area. Tyler and his parents were already seated by the dining table. I gulped inwardly before giving them a smile to which they returned.

Tyler was dressed in a navy blue button-down shirt and white pants, his sleeves were pushed up to his elbows and he had the top few buttons unbuttoned. He finally got to my side as he interlaced his fingers with mine and looked over at his parents as we remained standing.

"Mum, dad. This is Alexandra. She is my girlfriend," he paused to look at me and shot me a smile before he continued. "I know this is not the first time meeting her but this would be the first time meeting her as my girlfriend, and it means a lot to me," he finished as he gave my hand a little squeeze.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting," I said politely.

"Oh, it's fine, we just got here after work."

That was Tyler's mum. She was dressed in a navy blue Louis Vuitton dress and some white heels. Her light blonde hair was pulled back into an elegant bun with a few stray pieces framing her small, sharp face. She wore rather light makeup, but a very dark shade of red for her lipstick. Her light brown eyes bored into mine as she gave me a demure smile. The cloying smell of her perfume lingered in the air.

I gave Tyler's dad a firm handshake before I sat down next to Tyler.

"Nice to see you, Mr. Reich," I greeted with a polite smile to which he returned.

"Nice to see you too, Alexandra." Mr Reich was also clad in a black button-down shirt and white pants. His hair was pushed to the side and he let a small glasses settle at the bridge of his nose. His hair was the same dark brown as Tyler and he had green eyes like mine. 

I turned to look at Tyler and gave him a nervous smile. "Don't worry," he mouthed as he interlocked his hand with mine under the table and gave me a charming smile.

"Our chef had prepared some food. I hope you like it," Tyler's mum, Karen said with yet another polite smile on her face.

"Of course I do," I replied with a smile.

We started eating and occasionally made some small talk here and there, all random topics.

"So, Alexandra?" Karen asked, her voice soft and gentle as it reached my ears.

"Yes, Mrs Reich?" I looked up to see her give me a slight smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Call me Karen," she said as she leaned forward to place a hand on mine for a moment. Her nails were perfectly manicured and her fingers were smooth and slender. I merely nodded as a gesture for her to continue speaking. "So... I was wondering what do you like to do during your free time? Don't mind me, I just want to know you better since you are Tyler's girlfriend now."

"Well, I do enjoy swimming and dancing. I like going to the gym too. And I love being with my family," I added with a smile as the memory of my family and I hanging out flooded my mind.

"It's glad to know that you love your family so much, Alexandra. You are a lovely girl. Not many teenagers value their families nowadays."

"Thank you," I said as I let a smile fall on my face. I turned to look at Tyler to see that he was already looking at me with a smile etched on his face.

"I'm really glad that Tyler chose you to be his girlfriend. I know you did a great job as his bodyguard." This time it was Mr Reich that spoke. 

I watched as Karen stood up from her chair. The bottom of her chair screeched as it dragged across the floor, making every head in the house turn to her.

"Excuse me for a moment but can I have a word with Alexandra?" She asked all of a sudden, catching me off guard. "Just a woman to woman talk," she assured eventually.

"Oh. Okay sure. Why not?" I got up from my seat and watched as Tyler gave me an assuring smile. I walked to the balcony with Karen as an awkward silence settled among us. Once we were at the balcony, she was the first to break the silence, her words piercing through the air.

"You are not very rich are you?" She asked, quirking a perfectly groomed eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean?"

"Are with our Tyler because he is rich and you are not? I'm pretty sure you are taking advantage of him right there. Every girl he dated was just like you. All they wanted was his money. No, it's our money," she spat out the words as if they are poison in her mouth.

"No Karen. There is no such thing. I love him for who he is. Not his money," I reasoned as I yelled at myself to stay calm with every fibre in my body.

"Call me Mrs Reich."

"Mrs Reich, I can assure you I am not with Tyler because of his money. Well, your money," I spoke as I fought every urge to not roll my eyes.

"I am glad you said that. But just to let you know, I don't approve of this relationship."

"Why not?" I asked, a little taken aback.

"Honey, because you and I," she drawled as she placed her hand on my shoulder gently. "We are not on the same level."

She spun on her heels and walked away from the balcony, the sound of her heels clicking on the expensive marble floor as she left me gaping at her back.

I stood there in a daze as I registered what she just said. I can't believe whatever she said during dinner was a lie, she was putting up a facade the whole time. I thought she genuinely meant what she said. I guess I was wrong.

It was then a loud bang reverberated throughout the house that jolted me back to reality.

"How sweet, it's a family reunion."

A/N:
Greetings lovely readers of 'Crossed'! :D I hope you enjoy this chap! Oh and feel free to guess what's gonna happen in the next chap hehe cliff hanger alert xD

Anyways, if you enjoy this chapter, do give it a vote and comment and fan! It will definitely make my day! ♡

Teaser: ACTION AND MORE DRAMA ;D

Much love,
Rachel xx