Twenty-two.

EDITED.

"Alexandra Noel Francisco!" I winced a little as Nathan's voice reached my ears.

He is mad for sure...

"Yes?" I asked softly as I peeked over the couch to see an angry Nathan stood by his room.

"Come here," he demanded.

"What? Why?"

"Oh, you know why," He spat the words out like poison in his mouth as he walked towards me and dragged me off the couch to his room.

"Ow! What was that for?" I asked as he finally loosen his tight grip on my wrist. I looked up at him, a tiny pout sitting on my lips.

"You broke our promise," he stated matter of factly. His face held no emotions as a dark cloud loomed above us, making me gulp inwardly.

"You broke my promise too, you ate the last piece of cake," I joked as I punched him in his arm playfully, letting out nervous laughter. I let a small smile masked my fear as I stated up at Nathan who still remained unimpressed.

I watched as the boy in front of me narrowed his eyes at me, glaring at me. If looks could kill, I would 6 feet under now.

"It's not funny Alex."

Okay... So no jokes. I see.

"I'm sorry, Nathan," I finally said as I averted my eyes to look at my wringing hands.

"What's the point of saying sorry? It doesn't change anything."

"I really thought she liked you back," I explained. "And I wanted to help you..." I mumbled, my eyes still staring at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing I have seen.

"Well, she doesn't. And you did help embarrassed me though. I hope you are happy now Alex."

"Nate... I..."

"Save it," those were the last two words he said to me before he spun on his heels and walked away from me.

It had been at least two hours and Nathan still refused to talk to me. I tried knocking on his door, I tried singing (don't ask me why), I even tried baking brownies and tempting him with them. But none work. I don't know what to do anymore. We usually can't go more than five minutes before bursting out into our usual chatter and laughter.

I knocked on his door again. Still no reply.

I knocked once more.

"Do you wanna build a snowman?"

"You are not Anna, go away."

"Nate please..."

"Alex, if it's you, don't bother. I'm not going to open the door," Nathan shouted from the other side of the door.

"Come on Nate... I said I'm sorry."

"Sorry changes nothing Alex," his voice cold and harsh and I could imagine him having his arms crossed over his chest as he said so.

"I baked your favorite brownies Nate..." I tempted. "Are you sure you still don't want them?" I asked for the second time today.

"Just go away Alex... But leave the brownies."

"Aw come on. Seriously?" I asked as a small frown crossed my face.

I was met with silence from the other end of the door, Nathan probably just nodded.

"Did you just nod your head?" I asked, my tone laced with amusement.

"Uh no.. Just leave the brownies and go away Alex."