Two.

EDITED.

Before I know it, the once bright blue sky had darkened into a shade of dark purple and I have already ended my shift. My back and feet were sore from work and honestly, I just can't wait to be home to take a nice warm shower and jump onto my bed afterwards. Naturally, a smile found its way to my face as I thought about the comfort of my home. I placed the apron back at the same old hanger and grabbed my bag from my assigned locker in the back room for 'staff only'.

"I am so jealous of you right now," Chelsea said from behind the counter, leaning on the table with one arm to prop herself up.

"Of what? My beauty?" I joked, flipping my hair behind my shoulders.

She laughed. "And that you ended your shift already. I have to stay till 11pm," she said, jutting out her bottom lip. She was still dressed in that hideous uniform and had that dirty bright yellow apron on, her hair already in a mess with stray hair sticking out every witch-way.

"Just a 2 more hours, you got this!" I cheered as I gave her a small smile to which she responded with a playful eye roll. "See you tomorrow?"

She let out a loud and dramatic sigh. "Only if I survive today."

"Oh you will, don't be such a drama queen," I teased. "See you tomorrow!" I waved goodbye, leaving behind a Chelsea who was sulking as she was still stuck behind the counter, waiting for the last few customers to go so that she could clean up and leave the place.

I was walking hastily while looking down at my phone as I expertly swerve and dodge every obstacle that was in my way. My lips naturally twitched upwards into a small smile as I saw that I got a message from my boyfriend, Owen. I wondered if he had his dinner yet.

Owen: Hey babe, how is your day?

I quickly typed back, the smile still lingering on my face as I thought of a brilliant reply.

Alexandra: Bad without you. (HA, I'm so smooth)

Alexandra: Had your dinner yet?

My phone buzzed in my hand almost immediately after I sent my reply. Just as I was about to read the reply from Owen, someone bumped into me roughly, almost making me lose my balance. I quickly caught myself as I stuffed my phone into my pocket. I looked up to see the boy dashing down the street with my purse. "Hey! You stop right there!" I yelled as I ran right after him, trailing behind him for a while before I finally caught up and tackled him from behind. He fell flat to the ground, his face hitting the dirty floor as I sat on top of him, roughly grabbing his arms and putting them behind him. I watched him struggling underneath me, yelping in pain as I pressed down on his arms even more.

"I think you got something of mine," I said, before snatching my purse back from him. I finally stood up, leaving him lying on the ground as I dust off any dirt on my purse. Just as I was about to walk away, I heard a loud clapping sound coming from behind me. With a raised eyebrow, I turned around to see a middle-aged man in front of me. He was sitting in a sleek black car and he had his car window wind down with an arm propped onto the ledge. His head was sticking out as he took off his sunglasses to look at me, the corner of his lips twitching upwards into a small smile. 

"Hey, what's your name?"  He asked, his deep brown eyes staring right into mine for a little too long.

"What? Me?" I asked and he only nodded without saying another word. "Why would you need to know?" I challenged and he only let out a deep laughter as he shook his head slightly. 

"You are really something else," he muttered under his breath. "Take this, I hope to see you soon," he said, handing me a small card and flyer before the car drove off, disappearing into the corner.