Chapter 47 Nikanatedanniell

Nikki stood and took several steps, trying to come up with a good way to speak her thoughts. Not able to, she knelt by her brother and talked.

"I think I know about the Banta and the news. Just before he froze me I felt the Eye move. It was really just a twinge, but it was there. I felt it again before I was released, before he took the Eye out of the pack and before the news report started. The last two times I felt it in my mind. But, I did not feel it at all before the craft were shot. When I told you about them, it was at first as if you could not see them at all. I think the Banta and that other craft were mental projections to mess with our heads some more and unfortunately, the report is the truth."

Niel bowed his head and thought for a moment. He whispered, "you are right." Then with regular volume he told her, "you felt the Eye, I did not. But, that does not mean I cannot. We need to defeat Mordok and we need the Eye to do it. Is it still in the pack?"

Nikki nodded, Niel said, "good. Remove it and tell me all you know about connecting with it."

Nikki placed the orb on the sand between them. She was amazed that it looked so much like an ordinary beach ball.  Focus and faith girl, focus and faith, she thought.

"Well," she told Niel, "I do not know what I did to feel it before, but Debby told me she had to concentrate on her ball and what was in it. Maybe if we held hands it would help."

"So just concentrate on the Eye and blank out anything else? Well, let us try."

They joined hands above and far enough to each side of the Eye so they could see it. Each thought of nothing but the innocent looking orb between them. After a few minutes of nothing Nikki let go of Niel's hands and spoke.

"I remembered something. Debby always had her hands on both sides and very close to it. She said it concentrated her energy. There is an umbrella hole in that table. We can set the Eye on it and hold our hands around it. Oh, and she also said that when she got in she imagined herself as how she always wanted to look. She said being something she loved helped her keep her focus."

On the way back to Edawe, Nikki felt the same determination to finish this task as she had with her second vision. When they landed, she looked at the dead guards, "I wish we could do something about them."

Niel scanned the area, "oh, I did not realize he did that. Let us unlock that huge birdcage and then take care of the guards."

They set up at the table and faced each other. The Eye perched perfectly in the small hole. Nikki continued her instructions, "Debby held her palms to the center, like this. Oh, but now there is no place to put your hands. Perhaps if we interlock our fingers it will work. Yes just like that.  See it pulls our palms toward the center. That looks right.  That feels right."

Niel nodded, "when you let go of me, I let go of my need for control. I realized that I cannot be in control of all things but God always can and is. I could not do anything about falling, but I could about drowning. I could let go and give Him control. I think we need to do that with the Eye."

In her mind, Nikki saw a door without a knob. Heavenly Father is on the other side and he has a knob. Okay, Father, please open the door.

Niel saw a small, white dot in the center of the Eye. He allowed his eyes to be unfocused and asked, enlarge it please.

The ball of light hovered in the center of the black existence. Numbers, words, pictures floated or flew by waiting to be grabbed, explored and used. Both Nikki and Niel felt the pulsating energy, the vibrant force that was almost a life of its own. They stood side by side facing the light.

Nikanatedanniellजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें