Chapter 28 Danniell and the People's den.

The StarChaser Cruise Lines paint shop was business as usual when Jessa returned the shuttle. The sliding door to Garage #6 was shut with the "painting in progress, do not enter" sign lit. She parked in front of it and told Niel. 

"Bristol should be managing today. I hope he read the note I left, otherwise we are in trouble."

Niel laughed, "we are challenging the most powerful being on the two planets, a person who without the Eye of Angels could reduce us to dust, and you are worried about a painter?"

She started to argue and then smiled, "no, I guess not."

They exited the shuttle and met by the front bumper.

"I left the keys on the dash. My automobile is in the North Lot. Let us go."

"Just one second," Niel said softly and pulled her into a tender embrace. "Thank you, so very much for rescuing me. I have never actually said this. I always talked around it. I love you. What is more, I cannot imagine life without you."

Jessa sunk into his hug and leaned on his neck. "I love you too with all my heart."

Just as Niel was about to kiss Jessa, the garage door rattled open. Jessa jumped and moaned "oh, no". Niel rolled his eyes and mumbled "great". Three workers greeted them.

One, rolling the door open as fast as he could, whooped and yelled, "see, I told you it was them. I told you he could not be dead. Yes? Yes, I did, I did."

The other two wiped their hands on rags and laughed. The female of the three shook her head as she shoved her rag into her pocket.

"Yes, you told us," she told the younger male. "Now stop telling and listen." Then to Jessa she said, "Jes, Bristol read your note when we opened. We talked about the news from last night and figured that the ship was a decoy and you would be bringing Niel back soon. Did you take the girl to safety and how did that monstrosity run?"

Niel replied, "yes and fine. I am sorry but we need to go. I have an appointment with the Senate."

"The Senate," the older male exploded. "Brecket have you lost your mind? Loboth was not fooled either. He doubled the guards in the valley and tripled them at the Capitol. You will be walking into a death trap."

"I am not walking anywhere," Niel said and to the surprise of the painters, stripped off his outer clothes and placed them in the backpack he had slung over his shoulder. Left was a unique looking outfit. It was like a wrestling suit or one piece swimsuit, but with side stretch panels and slides on the double shoulder straps. It was obvious he was clothed, but the color blended with his own.

"The pack goes back to Iosha, the clothes I keep."

"Why," chortled the younger male, "to join the Circus?"

"No," he asserted, "to fly. It even has a slit for my tail." In a flash he was fully feathered. The suit conformed perfectly to the bulk of his flight muscles and wing shape.

The younger male said, "whoa."

The older male smiled and shook his head. "That is amazing. Danniell or not, I still think going to the Senate is insane. May the Parents continue with you." He extended his arm and laughed as Niel shaped his wings back into arms. "We have work to do," he said and the two males went back into the garage.

The female had walked around Niel and was now appraising his posterior. "Nice tail," she said in a sultry tone. Jessa growled. "Now Jes," she sweetly drawled, "I know he is all yours. I have a horribly exciting shuttle to strip and spray." She moved to the door, paused with one arm on the frame and glanced back. "It is cute though." Then she sauntered in, rolling the door shut behind her.