Chapter 22 - His Wife

Kara had been distance for the last few days, after she went to visit her grandpa.

Stefan watched her walking around the field by herself instead of talking and giggling with his cousins.

They were in an archery club for Sunday activity as well as celebrating Dylan 36th birthday, Ivan and Oliver's dad. Almost the whole family came including the kids.

"Aunty Kara...." Mila run toward her and demanded her to pick her up.

"Your wife, she's good with kids." Gabe laughed softly next to him. They were sitting on the picnic area under the giant umbrella with beers on their hands.

"That witch..." Stefan shook his head in disbelief. It was quite bizarre when he found her cuddling with Ernest last week. She tamed the wild kids and now those little Angelopoulos were following her like a hen

"How is it going to be bro?"

"What do you mean?" Stefan drank his beer.

"You and Kara."

"Nothing going to happen Gabe. After six months we will go separate ways."

"What about the research?"

"About that...." Stefan smiled, "she went behind my back, finishing it, perfecting it and run some test with my crews. I almost had a heart attack when the bureau came to check. Thank god all went well."

Gabe nodded. "That's Kara alright. Nosy...."

"And can you believe she could make everyone following her order? I am the one who pay them for god sake!" he groaned. "You know, grandpa likes her too, then Melissa and now the kids?"

Gabe laughed even harder, "I heard she wanted to chop Ernest fingers and put them in the blender."

"Yeah about that, hope Agnes isn't mad." Stefan sighed.

"Are you kidding? Now she uses the same threat!" Gabe chuckled, "your wife sir, just admit it that she is one amazing woman."

"Yes she is...." Stefan sighed, his eyes followed that slender body again with so much admiration in his eyes.

She was strong, she was smart, beautiful, brave and good with kids. She was perfect......

Ugh... now what did she do? Did she just point an arrow to the instructor?

An instructor called her and offered her to try using bow and arrow and she agreed.

Well, she missed it actually. Her grandpa put her in an archery club for years when she was in school. He was practically wanted to turn Kara into a man, he had pushed her to her limit, stopping her playing with dolls and gave her boys toys instead. And he enrolled her to a shooting club and martial art as well. That old man was nuts.

She patiently let the trainer told her how to hold and how to position her legs and accepted her praise when she could hit the target.

"Wow, you're good Miss." A voice threw a second praise.

A guy about late thirty walked closer. He wore the trainer uniform and he held an expensive recurve bow in his hand.

"This is our supervisor, David, David this is Kara. David is the best trainer here."

"Hi." Kara shook his hand and he held her still.

Oh, a flirt?

"I'll train you if you want?" he offered.

"Yes sure, thank you."

Kara's previous instructor went away substituted by this man called David.