Chapter 23 - The Perfect Wife

Stefan raised his legs up to the coffee table, watching his wife walking up and down the house cleaning it.

She clearly didn't know how. She kept reading the chemical bottles for instruction.

Stefan chuckled.

This woman was one of a kind. She just brought an asshole down to his knees without breaking a sweat and now she struggled with the cleaning equipment. Once she tripped on the vacuum cleaner, next a loud thud came out from the bathroom followed by her curse.

"Are you okay?" Stefan asked without even leaving his couch.

"I am fineee." She yelled back.

"When are you going to finish?" he asked again, "I am hungry."

"Stefan, you just ate."

"Still hungry."

"I'll make you roast chicken. Give me a sec...."

She came out from the bathroom and walked to the kitchen. After washing her hands clean, she started to chop some potatoes and carrots. "You know you can help." She suggested.

"I am tired." He leaned backward and closed his eyes.

Kara pouted but she didn't say anything.

"Don't forget to clean the bathroom upstairs, and the theatre..."

"I know... I know... I only have two hands okay..."

Half an hour later she pushed the chicken into the oven and set up a timer. She smiled in victory before she realised that she had to do laundry.

She hadn't done laundry during her stay. Secretly she took the dirty clothes to the office and told Damien to sort it out.

Now she had no choice, she had to learn how to use the washing machine.

She went to the laundry room and started to put her dirty clothes inside. She then pour some detergent in, adding some more and a little bit more....

Then she started to play with the buttons. The machine started running and she blew a relief breath.

She left the laundry room and walked upstairs to clean up the rooms there.

An hour had passed and Kara heard the timer went off..

She rushed down, passed Stefan that fallen asleep on the couch and went straight to the kitchen. She checked the chicken and she decided to add another five minutes before pulling it off. She then went to the laundry room to check her washing.

She was greeted by a room full of foam, she yelped.

"No... No.... No...." she made her way to the washing machine and pushed the door, she thought the washing machine's door didn't close properly, but of course it did. She then tried to push the foam back inside, as a result her front was covered by foam.

"No...... don't do this to me... No...." she nagged.

Now she knew that putting extra detergent wouldn't give better result. She cursed herself as she clearly read the instruction about how much she had to put in and stubbornly she added some more. She blamed herself for this mess.

She didn't know how long she stayed there till she smell burnt from her oven.

"Noooooo....." she run back to the kitchen to pull out her burnt chicken. She placed it on the bench. Holding herself together she tried not to cry watching the blackened dinner.

She sighed heavily and walked back to the laundry room. The foam was still there, filling up every corner. Now she started to cry. She was tired.

She just cleaned up the house, her back hurt, her hands hurt, she broke three nails and she believed she would get blisters on her palms tomorrow. She thought she could just put the washing in the dryer and off she went for dinner but not that simple, now she had to clean the room too and she had no energy left.