Chapter 13 - The Dance

Luxurious venue, nice food, beautiful women, nothing more Stefan could ask.

Hm.... Maybe one....

Kara Singleton.

The goddess of the Singleton family. The most elegant, witty and fearless woman that he had ever laid his eyes on, the one that own his ass and he started to like it.

He watched her gliding graciously across the floor with the biggest smile on her lips for some guests who tried to talk to her and chat her up. Occasionally she would stop and shook their hands. She was kind of celebrity in a way.

Most people wouldn't know who the CEO of a company unless she was as beautiful as her.

She looked stunning in her strapless floor length maroon dress. Her gorgeous long neck framed softly by few strands of her chocolate hair that escaped her loose French twist.

A diamond necklace covered the top part of her chest matched with a pair of earrings and a bracelet that pull out envy gasp from the other guests' mouths.

A princess, she wasn't just a wealthy woman but her grace and charisma were mesmerising and made Stefan's eyes glued to her no matter what.

He had spent the last few weeks calming himself down. Since that night, his head was full of her. She was there twenty four seven. Invading the very private corner of his mind and she didn't plan to go away anytime soon.

Slightly regretting his stupid move to find out her weakness by stalking her, charming her, spying on her or whatever he called it, he wished he didn't. It had back fired on him hard.

He wanted so much to walk up to her now but he couldn't. Grandpa Singleton would scowl him big if not embarrass him in public. The hate in that old man heart was thicker than blood, he knew that for a fact.

The old Singleton never forgot to mention his hate toward Stefan's family in every chance he got. In every press conference or interview or business meeting, he would try his best to intimidate Angelopoulos.

Once he came up to Stefan and poked him on the chest, telling him to fuck off.

That was a nasty move and the media talked about it for months.

It wasn't anyone's fault. They were happened to be in the same room just like now and Stefan was trying to be polite. He came up to that old man trying to greet him as fellow business man but Joseph Singleton only pushed Stefan away instead.

It happened years ago when he was still very young and naïve. The time when he hadn't been in the business for too long and he didn't know his world well. If only it happened now, he would face that man differently.

He shoved his hands deeply into his pockets and his eyes were still glued to this one woman who seemed to rush walking toward him.

Him?

He looked around to check if what his face was there somewhere close by. The man who kissed her earlier, the lord mayor's son Jeff Brice. But he was nowhere to be seen.

Stefan was only seeing girls who surrounded him for a conversation or two which their chirps now disappeared in the background as soon as his eyes locked with Kara's.

Then what business that Kara had to walk to this section of the venue?

Her brown eyes were sharp on him, he could see them clearly, "excuse me ladies." She cut through layers of girls confidently as if she didn't know that they were there waiting for Stefan to pay attention to them.

Kara stopped in front of the man himself, looked up at him and greeted, "hi." She gave him a big smile like nothing happened, completely ignoring glares from all direction.