Chapter 29 -Dinner Invitation

Kara smirked to how pale Katherine looked right now. She cheated on Stefan, she run away after and now she was back to squished herself in between her ex and his wife. What she was hoping to come out from this situation confused Kara.

"What are you doing here Kat?" Kara finally asked, lifting her chin up, her typical move when she wanted to intimidate people.

"Um... I don't know what you mean." Katherine answered.

"Are you really after your best friend Melissa or are there any different agenda?"

"Um...." Katherine looked down to check the half empty bottle in her hand. "I miss this city and I want to start over," she explained.

"By coming here in this house?" Kara raised her eyebrows.

"I just hope that Stefan could help finding a suitable job for me. He has heaps of friends who have large companies."

"Aha..." Kara nodded "you mean asking him to give a recommendation or something?"

"Yes." Katherine smiled, thinking that Kara was finally understood her reasoning.

"But.... What makes you think that he will recommend you to his friends? You couldn't be loyal to him, how could you be loyal to a mere job? Do you think Stefan would risk his name for you?"

Katherine blinked, didn't think that Kara could be this blunt pointed out to her sin.

"Am I right Katherine? Don't tell me that it never crossed your mind?"

Katherine eyes started to shed some tears.

".... And then you are still thinking that he still have heart for you? Tsk... tsk... tsk...." Kara shook her head. "Besides, I will not let you hurt him again Katherine...."

Katherine couldn't take anymore insult, she wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes and excused herself before walking off.

"Kara, what have you done?" Stefan came from behind with plates full of food in his hands.

"What?" she asked him with innocent tone.

"Don't what me. Why is Katherine crying?" he placed the plates in front of her .

"I don't know.... Go ask her." she lifted her legs and rested them on Katherine's chair feeling slightly guilty for making that bimbo cried.

Stefan growled, it was a trap, he saw it as clear as a day light, it was a trap, but she left him with no choice.

"If you said so. But don't yell at me tonight!" He raised his index finger to warn her.

"Baby, you know what to do if I yelled at you." She winked at him.

***

"Stefan...." Kara stepped into his home office that evening with hesitance in her voice.

That was new.

She was always brave and sure about everything she did except now.

"Yes?" he lifted his face from the company report that he read on his desk.

"Um...." She played with her fingers, her eyes were on his feet.

"What is it?" Stefan now turned his chair to face her fully. His wife looked worry, he needed to know why.

"Grandpa invited us for dinner at his place tomorrow....." she said unsure as if she was scared of his reaction.

Stefan blinked. He wasn't expecting this, an invitation from Joseph Singleton. He was thinking Kara and her trouble maker tendency had a confession to make, maybe broke someone's leg because that guy had flirted with her or something but not this, not the invite.