Chapter 5 - Meeting

"Stefan, Miss Singleton is here to see you." Leah called him from the intercom. A hint of anger in her tone, Kara probably told her off out there. What reason? He would never know.

Stefan grunted, "Let her in."

"Good morning Sweetie." Kara beamed when she stepped her gorgeous legs into his office.

She wore a tight one piece dress, covered by a feminine jacket, looking sharp and as corporate as she could be, only her heels weren't so high today, Stefan raised his eyebrows.

"What happened? Have you decided to accept your faith?" he said, unable to control himself for not teasing her.

"What faith?" she stared at him blankly. Half shocked of how different Stefan had been today. He wasn't as tensed as he used to.

Stefan pointed at her shoes, "That you are just one short nasty girl?"

"I am not short. You are the King Kong." She fought back, mocking his 6'2 muscular body. She was right, she wasn't a short girl, but her 5'4 slender build couldn't beat him and she looked tinny next to him.

"What are you doing here Kara?" Stefan crossed his arms in front of his chest and his shirt tightened, showing his well sculptured biceps.

"Calm down Grumpy, I am here for your meeting." She explained, diverted her eyes somewhere else.

"What? Why? To make sure we lose the next tender? Don't worry, I am the man of honour."

"No, no.... I am not here for that, in fact, you can win for the next one. I just need to know what you guys talking about, your strategy for how to win it."

"WHAT?!?!" oh boy, his temper rose up. His morning meditation that calmed him down and gave him a good mood went out the window. This woman wanted to spy him? She was unbelievably rude!

"Geez, you are not only grumpy but loud too. I just want to listen, learn." Placing her Hermes bag on the desk she explained.

"You? Learn? Are you sure the word that you wanted to say just now was really learn? Not steal?"

"Come on Stefan. I am not that bad."

"You are that bad, you're the worst human being alive, and I wished I could stop you for coming here in my office." He spat.

Kara blinked, unable to talk and Stefan for a split second regrated his mean come back. Didn't matter how evil Kara was, she was a lady and she deserved to be treated with respect. If his mother heard what just came out from his mouth, she would smack the hell out of him for sure.

"Fine, if that what you think of me." She shrugged. Her face was back to normal, masking her pain. "But you can't stop me from coming here, because this company is mine and I need to know if you work hard for the profit."

Ugh.... Stefan cursed inwardly. Total bitch!

Kara strolled confidently to Stefan's desk before plopping herself on the chair. "Turn on the intercom in your team meeting room, I'll listen from here."

"No, I won't do that."

"Stefan Baby.... Do you want to take me to the meeting instead? I don't mind." She raised her eyebrows, mocking him. "I want to see how you will explain to your people about me being there?"

Stefan pressed his lips, somehow contemplating to run to his lab downstairs, picked up a poisonous mix and shove it into her throat.

"Go on, what are you waiting for? Leave! Oh please tell Leah to get me coffee. Cappuccino no sugar." Kara signalled the furious Stefan with her finger, telling him to hurry.