The Vow (short story)

Hi all
This is a short story. Just because I love the characters so much and I don't want to stop writing about them even if the main story is over.  Don't try to connect it with timeframe on the main book or you will get so confuse. 
Yeah don't blame me ;)
_________________________________________________________
She was so beautiful.....
Stefan's eyes couldn't leave his wife's tired face no matter how hard he tried to ignore her on his way to the kitchen to pick up his cold beer. She fell asleep on the couch after cleaning up his living room. Her hair was messy and her head lolled to the side, almost touched the arm rest.

She wore an apron with the pretty text saying 'the queen of the house'.  But they both knew that she wasn't. She was his slave in this house, he arranged that way in exchange of him agreeing on marrying her for stopping her grandpa to take over her company.

Such a ridiculous reason for marrying someone, but he had no choice. She had blackmailed him and he had to do what she said or else.  He gritted his teeth when his memory went back to that day, when he found out that she stole his research. Her smug face made him wanted to choke her to death. He swore that he would hate this woman forever, he dedicated his time to plot a revenge on her. He wanted to see her suffer, to see her cry and begged for his mercy.

Now his wish was half came true.

Finally he had an opportunity to flip the situation to his advantage. And no matter how smart she was, Stefan knew she had fallen into his trap by agreeing to take care of him and his house after she said "I do".

"Huh! You've  got what you deserve witch" that what he should say to her but he couldn't. He walked closer instead and sat next to her.

She wiggled her nose, her moist lips slightly open and made Stefan gulped. He kissed those lips on their wedding day a month ago and every now and then whenever they went out socialising with their friends and pretending that they were in love. Those soft sweet lips of hers always made his knees weak.

He didn't realise that his mouth went dry and his heart started pounding.

She moved again, adjusting her head on the back rest, making herself more comfortable and some strands of her hair fell across her face. A long soft breath came out from her mouth, telling him that she enjoyed her break. Stefan knew, she was a light sleeper. She would be awake when he sat next to her a minute ago, she would open her eyes and glared at him asking him what he want, but right now she was sounded asleep, showing the sign that she was too tired. Her body was clearly needed a rest.

She was a princess, she came from a wealthy family and she never did a housework in her life. A simple cleaning duty could exhaust her easily. Not that she wasn't fit or anything, but because she didn't know what to do and it frustrated her. She liked to be in control and this task drained her inside out especially when she couldn't delegate it to someone else. Stefan sacked all his housemaids just so he could take his revenge on his wife.

He blinked.

His wife....

The word stabbed him on the chest like a knife.

".....for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part...." He still remembered his vow to her.  He told her these sentences on the altar last month.

He saw her eyes glistered but at that time he didn't know why. He thought she was pretending, but feeling how his chest hurt right now he knew that she wasn't. Those words were powerful and she realised it from the start.

She took it seriously, she did what she promised him on the altar, she cherished him, she loved him.....

She cherished him since day one. She always wanted to be with him that he almost believed that she was treating this marriage like a real one with her clinginess. And when they went out shopping, she would chase him so she could hold his hand and flashed him her biggest smile.