Chapter 20 - Fish or Pizza

Kara watched him chewing his pizza without a slight of guilt on his face. She literally spent half an hour to drive to the fish shop, to get him the best quality fish only to find him ordering a pizza when she got home with an excuse that he starved while waiting for her.

He took another slice while his eyes glued to the tv screen and his legs were up on the coffee table. He was still in his working shirt with few buttons opened and his tie hang loosely around his neck. A loud burp came out from his mouth after he gulped his beer.

Would it be a permanent view when she came home every night from work? Was this a marriage life would be like? That she had to pick up his suit, socks and shoes from the floor?

Groaned she sat next to him and picked up a slice of pizza from the box on his lap. She had decided to let it go. She was too tired to argue over stupid thing.

"Are you planning to gain some weight and loose your six packs?" she asked casually, leaning on his arm and placed her legs up on the arm rest of the couch.

"Maybe...." He shrugged.

"Why?"

"I don't have to pick up chicks anymore. I don't need to look good." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Is that so?" Kara laughed.

"I have a gorgeous wife." He kissed her temple. "You on the other hand, watch your figure. I want my wife to look good."

"You are such a dick, you know that?" Kara didn't know whether she should be flattered or humiliated.

Yeah, too bad you didn't find out when we were dating.... Oh wait.... We skipped the dating part. Oh well... bad luck..." he burped again.

"Oh shut it!" she pushed her last bite of her slice into her mouth.

"So, how was your day?" he asked.

"Let's see.... I was late because you were an ass for leaving your breakfast at home. Then I had two meetings after that and another meeting with the crankiest man on the planet which I had to cut short because I need to go buy some fresh fish only to find out that you are eating pizza. So, how's yours?"

"Oh come on, I was hungry." Stefan closed the empty pizza box and threw it on the floor.

"Don't pick a fight with me." Kara stood up and took the pizza box from the floor before walking to the kitchen to throw it in the rubbish bin, where it belonged. "You will lose Stefan, trust me!" She added, placing her hands on her hips.

"I know I won't stand a chance to a witch like you. But I wasn't picking a fight with you. I was simply hungry."

"Whatever..." she rolled her eyes and walked upstairs. "I am going to bed. Night."

Stefan and his pizza! Kara would teach him a lesson for being a dick. Let see if he could drink his coffee with a spoonful of salt in it tomorrow.

***

Kara sighed contently when she finished adjusting herself on Stefan's bed. This bed was super comfy she thought. Closing her eyes she relaxed her muscles and soon drifted to sleep. She heard noises in the background. It must be Stefan walking around in the bedroom before taking his shower.

Oh good, that man had a shower. He drunk his beer like lunatic and some of it spilled on his chest, that was before a piece of pepperoni fell on his white shirt and left a spot on it.

Kara groaned, darn, she had to wash that shirt tomorrow and she wasn't sure that the spot would be gone. She hadn't done laundry in her whole 26 years of her life, she didn't even know how to turn on a washing machine.

She was surrounded by maids, she didn't need to learn or do anything. She could cook because she liked it. That was why she could make him the pancakes this morning. Other than that she didn't know how to do the rest of the house chores that she promised Stefan she would do. She didn't know how to clean, or wash or whatever she needed to do to keep the house livable.

Oh well, how hard could it be? She shrugged.

She felt like she was asleep for hours but apparently not. Stefan had just finished his shower and he was ready for bed now.

Kara felt his side was moving, he was flipping and turning for a while before finally settled in.

Oh good, he left her alone.

Kara drifted back to sleep but ten minutes later she became restless. She opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling that lighten up by the moon from the window.

What was that?

Then she shivered.

Why?

A soft cold breeze hit her face, again she shivered.

Darn it! Stefan turned the aircon on and apparently he lowered the temperature. Last night wasn't this cold....

Why in the hell did he do that?

She switched on her  lamp and looked around trying to find a control panel on the wall but she saw nothing. Then she peeked on Stefan's bedside to find the remote control, again nothing.

Carefully she got off the bed to check on his drawer and she almost fell off the floor, instead of finding the remote control she found stash of condoms. Clearly Stefan liked his women, maybe a little bit too much. Judging by his stash he probably brought at least one woman home or maybe two every few days.

She took a glance at her husband who was asleep, undisturbed by her noise. She shuddered.

Like he said, she knew nothing about this man and she was carelessly marrying him. What if he turned out to be a sex addict? What if one day he pushed himself to her because clearly now he couldn't date anyone anymore?

Her scalp pricked.

She went back to her side, turned off the light and pulled the blanket up to her neck. She was too cold to worry about anything else.

The summer blanket didn't help at all. She didn't pack any long sleeves sleeping attire. It was summer for god sake, she defended herself.

She turned her head to Stefan who slept peacefully on his side, his back on her. He was bare chested and his blanket only covered his tummy down. How could he sleep in this kind of condition?

Kara remembered last night when he was hugging her, he was warm... Carefully she shifted toward him and pressed her arm on his back. Yes, he was warm....

She sighed happily, that was before he flipped and almost squashed her flat underneath his large body.

"Babe...." He grumbled, surprised by her closeness and before Kara could move away he scooped her inside his arms, "are you okay?" he asked and dropped a kiss on her head.

He was so random. One minute he was an ass and the next he could be a sweetheart.

"Where's the aircon remote control?" Kara asked, unconsciously pushing herself deeper onto his chest seeking for warmth.

"I ate it."

"Stefan...."

"I like it cold." He simply answered.

"It's too cold."

"I'll warm you up." He rubbed the side of her body and crossed his leg over her hip.

Kara didn't know whether it was his body or his rub that caused the heat started to run down her veins.

She relaxed.

It shouldn't be like this. She shouldn't feel comfortable against his touch.

She should get away from him....

"I am sorry about the fish...." He whispered in her ear after sometimes.

Kara melted, "It's okay." She hide her smile. She forgave him already.

He could be as sweet as fuck if he wanted to, Kara only hope that he kept doing that.

Just for six months.....

***