Chapter 24 - Who is that Blonde?

Stefan had changed. Since that night when Kara cried on his laps he had been good to her. He gave her two maids and a cook on her disposal. She didn't have to do any house chores anymore. She could get her pretty nails back, and her precious time back.

She could put her attention back to her work and achieve better result. She shouldn't have to think about what to cook for him or when she should clean the toilet any longer.

He would still nag every now and then, asking her to cook his favourite pancakes but that was it, no silly requests had been out from his mouth for the last three months.

Kara sighed contently. Everything went well, her business only getting better. She had won few tenders herself without having to ask Stefan to back off. She had learnt a lot from him. She had bugged him to teach her lots of stuff that she found herself lack off and now she got the result.

Her mind never stopped thinking about him though. She was a bit annoyed with that fact.

She stood up from her chair and smoothed her skirt before grabbing her purse and walked out from her office.

"I'll go for lunch. Be back in an hour or so." She bid Damien goodbye.

"Don't bother coming back. You are free for the rest of the afternoon. Enjoy Stefan." He mocked. Damien knew where she would go.

Kara had spent her time more for her husband now and Stefan had visited her more often than before. Damien saw it all and he knew his boss had fallen for her fake husband. He wanted to stop her badly but he couldn't. Damien never saw her so happy during his years of service to her.

Kara was glowing, she was more passionate to her work and her life and who was he to take away her happiness?

He only hoped that she wouldn't suffer a broken heart in the next three months when the marriage contract due to end.

***

Kara parked her red Porsche on the management spot that Stefan had provided her with since day one when she took his 51% of shares and started terrorizing his life.

Checking herself one more time on the reverse mirror she was ready to get off the car when she saw her husband walking casually to the main street direction. His hands were deep into his trousers' pocket, his hair was a little messy from the wind, but at least he looked warm. He wore the shirt that she bought him two weeks ago and his custom tailored fitted vest, what he called his office uniform wrapped his body tight, shield him from the cold autumn breeze.

He stopped abruptly to sneeze.

Kara smiled.

Cute!

Stefan looked so damn delicious from where she sat. His three days stubbles covering his jaws, she told him that he looked better that way, that he looked more mature and masculine when he had facial hair and he obeyed her without saying anything. She knew he liked his clean shaved jaws but somehow he let her dictated his appearance.

He stops at the corner of the parking lot entrance as if he waited for someone to come to meet him and Kara was right. A minute later a blonde girl in a mini skirt, high heels and fancy Hermes handbag run into his arms and kissed him on the lips.

He froze for a minute and carefully untangled her fingers behind his neck. His hands then rested on her shoulders and they talked for another minute before walking together crossing the street.

Kara rolled her eyes, oh the jackass had a girlfriend?

But wait.....

She frowned. That blonde was familiar. She saw her somewhere.

Sighing she got off the car and walked inside the building.

"Hi Leah...." She greeted his secretary.

"Hi Kara. Stefan is out for lunch."

"I know, I saw him outside. I just need to pick up few things from his office."

"Oh okay. Go ahead."

She strolled inside his office and went straight to his desk, checking his drawers.

She pulled out the last drawer at the bottom, his chocolate supply was running low. She knew it. He had been busy lately and she knew he would munch those sweet to stop himself from stressing out.

She pulled out a large package of M&M from her bag that she bought in the supermarket on her way here and threw it inside.

That would keep him busy for a week at least, she hoped.

She opened the next drawer and picked up a photo frame. She vaguely remembered this photo frame when the first time she snooped around his office. She flipped the fame up , there she was right that the blonde who kissed him downstairs was the same girl in the photo.

Kara took the fame outside to Leah, "who is the girl in the photo?" she asked.

Leah went pale, "Ugh.... That's Katherine, Stefan's ex fiancé."

"Ah... fiancé eh?"

"Yes, they broke up three years ago."

"Why?"

"She got cold feet and run off overseas."

***