Chapter 34 - Please Stay

This is it. Unfortunately everything has an end and this will be the last chapter of our beloved Kara and Stefan.

Thank you so much for staying with me from start to end. All your beautiful messages, votes, comments and your feedback, you have no idea how much it means to me! Hope with this limited brain of mine, I can come up with something new and start a new book soon!

Again, thank you so much guys for being my loyal readers.

Love you all <3

________

Another week had passed that Kara finally able to summon all her courage to come back here at Stefan's penthouse to talk to him.

She was ready for everything, including his rejection too!

Kara pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to let her in.

She still got the key to his apartment but she didn't want to use it.

After all her visit was to talk to him, not to ambush him. She had to be polite. Well if she could keep her patience longer than she usually could.

Melissa had told her about Katherine went back to Germany and Kara was pretty upset about it. Why would he lied to her?

Kara smiled at Andrea when she opened the door, "hi Andrea, is Stefan home?"

"Oh my god Kara, so good to see you." Andrea hugged her tight, "come in..... come in... why don't you use your key?" she asked.

"I don't want to intrude..." Kara laughed softly. This woman was the highlight of the house. She was in her mid fifty, a little chubby, with few strands of white hair against her temples. She always happy in any situation and she got a sexy Russian accent. She used to teach her how to talk dirty to Stefan in Russian which she never used. And her cooking was the best.

"He is upstairs, in his office." Andrea signalled with her chin.

"Thank you Andrea."

"Should I prepare dinner for two?" she asked enthusiastically but soon her face fell when Kara shook her head.

Kara wanted so much to stay but she knew it was impossible. Stefan wouldn't let her.

"No thank you Andrea, I will leave soon." She replied before taking the stairs.

Kara saw Stefan sat on his chair, concentrating on his computer screen, oblivious by her arrival.

She knocked the door frame gently to grab his attention, and soon he looked up to her and his face tensed.

"Kara?"

"Hi." Kara wanted to give him a wide smile but only half came out. She stepped in and closed the door behind her, didn't want anyone to hear what she was about to tell him.

She tried her hardest not to run onto his laps and hugged him tight.

She missed him like crazy and seeing him now made her happy, the pain in her heart disappeared without a trace.

"What are you doing here?" he stood up but didn't take any steps forward. His movement was full of hesitation as if he had a battle with himself for not running toward her to take her against his chest, hiding his face inside her hair and breathed her in.

"I am here to drop the paperwork." She pulled out the divorce application from her bag and placed it on his desk. Kara watched his face changed, from tense to devastate.

"I already sign it, but I want you to send it off, not me." She continued.

He looked down to the envelope and nodded. "Fine."