Chapter 10 - Drunk

"You owe me one." He said after they walked out that dingy pub.

"I guess so. Thank you." Kara replied letting go of his hand, somehow feeling a little disappointed. Who wouldn't! Having a beautiful woman clung on his arm was always made him look good.

"You look nice by the way." He praised her.

"Thank you. Wrong choice of top though...." She looked down checking her own boobs shamelessly.

Stefan laughed, agreeing to her comment. That top was really low, even he had a hard time concentrating on her face, "What was that all about? I didn't know you're into an idiot like him."

"Oh nothing. Just a stupid date. Well, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Wow, are you coming tomorrow? I haven't seen you for weeks, I thought your broom isn't flying..." he grinned.

He is smiling! A lot! Oh god, why does he have to be so damn nice today? Kara complained in her mind. "Funny.... Very funny...." She commented.

"I know. Hey, want to get a bite? There's a burger shop just around the corner....." Stefan knew he should just let her leave, he had promised to himself not to hang out with her too much anymore but he couldn't help it. Besides he promised Damien that he would find out what was happening to her and her bad mood lately.

Kara stared at him frowning. Did he just asking her out? Again? After she turned him down flatly last time? "Um..." she was hesitating.

"Come on, I just save your ass. Why can't you just buy me something to eat?"

"Oh okay, fine. Let's go!" she rolled her eyes pretending to look uninterested but her heart skipped a beat seeing him beamed. Kara had missed Stefan and this was her chance to hang out with him without actually trying to rip each other throat apart.

After having the burgers Stefan had the obligation to entertain her further. She looked so down and unenthusiastic. She said she hadn't eaten much while she was with Ted but she refused to order anything from the menu that Stefan had to beg her to take few bites of his burger before she fainted.

He took Kara to his favorite pub down the block and surprisingly Kara agreed. This place was totally different than the one that Ted took her. This place had class, nice interior, friendly staff and mostly a comfortable place to hang out. Kara immediately liked it.

"Nice..." she mumbled.

"Thanks. I bought it two months ago and changed the decor.... Oh shit! You're not going to take it away from me too, are you?"

She lifted her face to look at him ready to spat venom for accusing her but she melted once she saw twinkles in his eyes.

"No..." she shook her head and smile.

"Good." He said, pulling a chair on the bar area for her to sit, he then ordered drinks for them.

"About that morning....." Stefan cleared his throat.

"Yes?" Kara took a sip on her red wine fully aware of what he was going to say next.

"I was crossing the line, I am sorry." He continued, apologizing about his silly flirtation toward her.

"It's like you flirt with your boss, you know... inappropriate...." Kara responded and Stefan pouted. She apparently hadn't let go and insulting his genuine apology badly.

He hug his head down and groaned out loud.

It made Kara giggled, "thank you. Lighten up will you?" she tapped his shoulder.

Teasing the uptight Stefan was her new favourite thing to do. He was so tensed to her liking. It was such a pity, his smile was mesmerizing and he rarely showed it off. So she was quite honoured that tonight he had smiled a lot for her.