Chapter 56 - kidnapped

"No!" a firm disagreement came out from Stefan's mouth.

"But Stefan.... It's a business related. I have to be there or Mr Anderson will bail out." Kara protested.

"I don't care if he bailed out. I will pour the fund in myself if I must." He shrugged and flipped his newspaper before hiding his face behind it. They were sitting in the living room, spending the afternoon together. Stefan had just finished his work and now he was relaxing with his wife, enjoying the breeze from the garden. He was expecting a peaceful and quiet time with her but apparently she had different agenda.

Kara crossed her arms on her chest, "You know it's not about the money."

"what is it about then?" he mumbled, sounded uninterested to be sucked in into a fight, as he knew he would lose.

"It's about how good I am in negotiating the business deal."

"It means nothing if you will end up dead!" he yelled a little frustrated by how silly his wife had been.

Kara rolled her eyes and slammed her butts on the couch. "Stefan...."

"Don't Stefan me!" he lowered his newspaper, "I will not let you out from this house, you hear me?" his hazel eyes stared at her sharply, unimpressed by how she had taken the matter lightly. "I will tie you up if I have to."

"Oh really?" she grinned. "And then what are you going to do to me?" she purred sultrily, resting her chin on his shoulder.

Stefan narrowed his eyes to her dirty mind, "I am serious Kara!" he barked.

Kara never saw him this intense and it impressed her. She felt so loved and cared for even he had treated her like a five years old right now. But she had to go, it was a solid month of chasing this particular client to have a meeting with him, and Kara just couldn't just brush it off. The meeting had to happen.

She stole a glance toward her husband who sat next to her one more time, his body was planted against the comfy backrest of the couch and his attention was back to the newspaper that he held.

Kara bite her lip a little before slowly rose up.

"Where are you going?" he asked, didn't bother looking up from the article.

"I am going to take a nap." She said softly, pushing the giant paper down so she could peck his forehead before leaving him. She knew if she took off, he would scowl her big time but she would worry about it later. Right now she had to find a way to be in the golf course in an hour or she would lose her potentially big client.

***

"Kara.... Kara?"

No answer.

Stefan walked to the other room and calling his wife again, "Baby, where are you?"

No answer.

He had circling the house, the backyard and the gym to find her but he didn't see anyone and he started to panic.

"Andrea, where's Kara?" he rushed to the kitchen to ask his cook.

"I don't know, last time I saw her sitting with you."

"Where's Richard and Mike?" he asked about the bodyguards.

"They went outside just ten minutes ago."

"Shit!" Stefan had a bad feeling about this. Kara clearly had sneaked out on him and his bodyguards didn't make any reports about her whereabout. Either they didn't know Kara was gone or she had threatened them not to report her to Stefan.