Chapter 25 - The Hot Chick is Crazy

Feeling generous tonight, this one is long. Enjoy :)

__________________________

Kara eyed her husband pacing around the bedroom in his boxer.

"Stefan!"

"What?"

"What are you doing? Sleep already! You make me dizzy." She complained, while her eyes were still glued on her laptop's screen.

He sighed loudly and threw himself on the bed, creating a large wave against her.

"Damn it Stefan." She steadied herself on the headrest with one hand while the other one was holding her laptop tightly.

"Sorry." He scoot over to her and rested his head on her shoulder, "what are you doing?" he asked.

"Working...."

"It's ten already."

"I know."

He lifted his head and stared at her for a while without talking and made her irritated.

"What?" Kara asked, her eyes were still on her screen.

"I need to tell you something."

"What?"

"My ex came to visit me this afternoon."

"I know..." she replied calmly.

He pulled himself away so he could get a better view toward her.

"You knew?"

"Yes. I was there when she went into your arms and kissed you passionately." She extended her hands in hugging gesture with lips pouting like she was kissing someone.

Stefan froze. "It wasn't a passionate kiss." He corrected her.

"I know." Her fingers were back to the keypads and typing something furiously.

"You are not mad?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"You look like you are mad."

"Stefan! I am not mad."

"Why not?"

"Why should I?" she stopped her activity and turned her head to see his face, her eyes said it all, she didn't care.

"Um, because.... Because...." He lost for words. He couldn't say the word jealous, could he? Kara clearly didn't love him, there was no way she would be jealous of Katherine kissing him. "Because our agreement says I can't have a girlfriend." He answered smartly.

"She is not your girlfriend, is she? She is your ex." She reminded him.

He stared at her again, surprised with her reasonable answer. Her brain clearly wired differently than the rest of the women he knew.

"Yeah you're right..." he nodded. "So, are we cool?"

"Yes, we are cool Stefan." Kara rolled her eyes. What was wrong with him? He didn't have to tell her anything. He didn't know she was there witnessing Katherine smooching him, he didn't have to confess anything to her.

But the fact that he did made her smile. She closed her laptop and pushed herself deeper into her blanket. "Night Playboy." She kissed his forehead.

"I am not a playboy." He mumbled before pulling her close against his chest. She giggled. Their sleeping routine now, Stefan would cuddle her and she would let him.