Chapter 43 - Let's go On A Date

Kara and her house chores was fun to watch. She seemed to know what to do but she was clumsy when she did it.

"Watch out!" he yelled when she almost tripped on the vacuum cleaner.

Why did this look familiar? He hide his smile.

"Stefan, why don't you go upstairs and lay down? You are making me nervous." She said loudly trying to beat the noise.

"Not gonna happen." He yelled again, leaning back and made himself comfortable. His lips twitched up and it irritated her.

"Do me a favour then?" she turned off the machine and pushed the cable button with her toe. Her hands were on her hips. She wore a pair of short and tank top. Her hair was on a messy bun. She looked too cute to ignore.

"What is it?" he asked with his eyes zeroed on her. If he could walk without pain bothering him, he would quickly grab her and hug her tight against his chest.

"Close your eyes and don't stare." She said.

"Why do you do this yourself anyway? Just call the cleaning service people." He suggested. Seeing Kara looking tired made him tired.

"I can do it..." she answered.

"I don't think so. Look at you. You look like just about to faint."

"Stefan, shut up!"

Oh, that temper, he knew it and he loved it.

"Besides, no one asked you to clean by yourself."

"You did!" she growled.

"I did?"

"Yes."

"Why would I do that?" he rolled his eyes, clearly didn't believe in what she was saying.

"It was part of...." She remembered that she couldn't tell him the reason why he married her so she turned around and walked away without finishing her sentence.

"Kara! Where are you going? Tell me?"

"No, leave me alone." She said.

Stefan chuckled. He wanted to know what she was about to say but seeing her running around with house chores was more entertaining than this piece of information that he wanted to get. He would get it when his memory returned anyway. He shrugged and continued watching her.

This time she walked pass him carrying his dirty clothes from upstairs to the laundry room and a flicker of memory passed his mind.

Kara sat on the floor crying with foam covering her body.

"Did you ever cry when doing the laundry?" The question froze Kara.

"Yes." Slowly she turned around to face her husband who was still sitting on the couch. Another memory had come back?

"Why?" he held his laugh. Firstly he thought she was too though to cry over stupid laundry, secondly because his ribs would hurt if he laughed. He noticed she blushed.

"I flooded your laundry room, I was too tired to clean up. Plus I burnt your dinner and you weren't that nice at that time. I was worry that you would yell at me." She looked down, hugging the dirty clothes tightly against her chest. A raw pain slightly visited her eyes and it made Stefan wanted to comfort her in his arms.

"Why would I yell at you?" he frowned. "It was just a burnt dinner."

"I don't know. You were just really....." she tried to find a word, "edgy." She finally said, carefully, trying not to hurt his feeling.

"Oh!" he pressed his lips, didn't realise that he was so mean to Kara, "I am sorry...." He apologised, wondering how bad he had treated her before. But seeing those brown eyes he knew he had been bad, really really bad toward her. She was a tough woman, it took a lot to make her cry.

"That's okay." She smiled widely brushing away her painful memory and sat herself next to him, "because after that you took me out for dinner." She pecked his cheek.

"I did?" he suddenly felt so much better.

"Yes, you did."

"So, why don't we go out for dinner tonight then?" He reached for her face and pushed some loose hair behind her ear. He wanted to make her happy all of sudden. Her smiles lighten up his heart. He didn't know why he would want to see her cry.

"What?" she sounded surprised.

"I am bored, I want to go out. Can we go?" he shrugged.

"Um, sure. Yes, yes we can go." She looked unsure with his offer still confuse with his suddenly change of attitude toward her.

"Good! It's a date then?" he winked. "And oh, why don't you call the housekeepers to cut the holiday short and go back to work? Offer them more money. I don't want you to be too tired." He pecked her cheek.

Kara blinked, "Okay...." She replied in disbelief. She felt like she had a dejavu. He was a sweet ass and it made her cry.

"Now why are you crying?"

***