Chapter 3 - Exursion

Well, 51% absolutely could make someone's day, it was way faster than she anticipated to get the shares transferred under her name. And now she was on her way to check on her new toy, AngeloGen and nothing could stop her, not even its scary CEO.

Glowing in her knee length pencil skirt and a white blazer that hugged her slender body perfectly, Kara's high heels click clacking against the tiles of AngeloGen's main foyer.

She was about to walk over the reception desk when she saw Stefan stood quietly on the other side of the room. He was in his navy blue pair of suit and white shirt. His face was as usual, shaved clean with jaws clenched tightly. He didn't look happy to see her.

"Stefan," she nodded trying her best not to show any hesitations or looking scared while deep down inside she was terrified by his cold welcome. His wrath two weeks ago was still traumatized her somehow but again she reminded herself that this had to be done.

She extended her hand to give him a handshake and he took it, his large palm wrapped hers rather loosely, showing that he wasn't happy about the meeting. Who would? Kara couldn't blame him.

"What a beautiful building you have here Stefan." Kara was genuinely admiring her surroundings, she gave her a small smile and surprisingly his lips twitched up a little. That sent relieve in her mind.

Her office building wasn't as shiny as AngeloGen. Hers was older, classic, with industrial carpet and cubical for every employee while AngeloGen was more modern, open planned and sophisticated.

"Everything looks nicer when you got it for free, Miss Singleton." Stefan cleared his throat.

"Indeed." She was shamelessly admitting her crime, trying her best to be the bitch that she had to be while deep down inside she was embarrassed by her wrong doing.

"Show me around please?" she asked.

Stefan hid a sigh before giving her what she wanted, "Fine, follow me."

"What are you doing here anyway?" again he asked when they were inside the lift to go to upper level.

"Well, this is my company now, I have every right to be here." She replied automatically while checking herself on the mirror of the lift' wall.

Stefan stopped himself from grabbing her throat to choke her to death listening to her answer.

"Uh huh" Stefan shoved his hands inside his trousers' pockets. "What are you planning to do to my company Kara?"

"Stefan....." she sighed, "I am not going to do anything. Relax will you?" she tapped his chest before returning her attention back to the mirror. This time she adjusted her fringe that falling down across her forehead.

Stefan tensed to her touch. This woman got into his nerve. First time she kissed him now she touched his chest. He didn't know what she would do next and he was sure he wouldn't like it.

She made him nervous, her confidence was mesmerising and alluring. He never saw someone like her before. She was different and she was too beautiful to be hated. He found out that he couldn't take his eyes off her.

And so far she seemed immune to his charisma. She didn't budge down easy, in fact she didn't budge down whatsoever, not even when he visited her and yelled at her.

She was so annoying, smart mouth, over the top kind of woman that he didn't know how to handle her.

He snorted, "I can't trust a witch...." He mumbled.

"What?"

"A Witch. I am pretty sure you know what it means."

Kara stared at him in disbelief, this man just called her a witch? How rude was he!

Her mouth opened and closed, thinking about returning his insult but she got nothing. That was because she knew she was a witch indeed! So she kept her mouth shut till their ride stopped. And as they stepped out the lift, she lifted up her face and scanned the area proudly. She knew all eyes were on her now. Standing confidently she looked around and smiled, "Nice office."

"Thank you." Stefan carefully answered, worrying that she would embarrass him in front of his employees by claiming what was hers but luckily she didn't. "Thank you for inviting me here Mr Angelopoulos." She said.

Stefan raised his eyebrows, didn't belief what she was just saying. She was actually protecting his dignity?

He took a glance toward his employees and they looked like they just saw a ghost. A pretty ghost who glided graciously along the floor and said that she couldn't wait to work together with him. But thanked to her bluff, his people looked relieved.

"Glad you can come." He replied. Stefan was about to guide her into his office when a voice stopped them.

"Kara? Is that you?" A voice came from her back calling her out loud and when she turned around she saw Gabriel Angelopoulos stood next to a desk not far away from where she was.

Gabriel, Stefan's baby brother, the famous genius who owned a research company was here flirting with his brother's staff member and he was looking good.

He looked better, way better that Kara would have expected. He was skinnier, no he wasn't skinny at all, he was toned, broader chest, fancier glasses and neater outfit, no more stupid hat, no more flannel shirt and definitely no more long hair. Kara wouldn't surprised if he copied his older brother, Stefan, who looked more like a Greek god than a CEO of a pharmaceutical company.

"Hello Gabe, long time no see. Five years?" Kara shook his hand.

"Seven." He corrected her.

"What are you doing here?" Gabe asked. His face clearly confused seeing her standing in this building with his brother, the only man who hated Indigo Pharma wholeheartedly.

"Oh, your brother invited me. He said he had proposal to show me, there's possibility that we will work together in the future." Kara smirked toward the pouted Stefan who stood still waiting for them chit chatting.

"Really? Oh that's a good news. I know he would come into his senses one day." Gabe beamed but when Kara wasn't looking, he mouthed what's going on toward Stefan and his brother just shook his head telling him to wait till Kara went away.

Stefan cleared his throat, "Well, should we go to our office to discuss my proposal?"

"Oh yes sure, lead the way Stefan. Good to see you Gabe." She waved slightly and followed Stefan's big steps toward his corner office.

***