Chapter 11 - That Kiss

Beep, "Stefan is here to see you." Came Damien voice from the intercom.

Kara froze.

She didn't want to see him!

She didn't have the nerve to see his face again even she knew he would come to visit her today. It must be about last night, her and her stupid decision to get wasted.

But she had no choice, she couldn't run forever....

She checked herself in the mirror, making sure that she looked alright and quickly shoved the mirror back into her drawer.

Nothing she could do about her face today. The puffy eyes, the pale face, the messy outfit. She blamed the alcohol that made her woke up late this morning and had to rush for her eight thirty meeting. As the C.E.O she couldn't afford skipping her work day of the company could suffer million dollars lost.

Thanked god that the meeting went easy and her hangover head still functioning well. Her client signed the deal without too much negotiating.

"Good morning." Stefan walked in with a big grin plastered on his face. a large take away coffee on one hand and a bottle of water on the other and he placed the water on Kara's desk.

"Morning." Kara replied flatly. Her eyes were glued to her monitor pretending to read her email while she was actually trying not to look nervous in front of him.

She couldn't believe that she cried in his arms last night.

Kara Singleton was as strong as a rock and so far nothing could bring her down to her knee. No one had ever seen her crying not till last night and she cried in front of her enemy!

Not only that but she also kissed him....

Ugh.... She messaged her temples.

"Hang over?" he asked, oblivious by how hard Kara had tried to ignore him. He sat on the chair in front of her desk and sipped his coffee.

Firstly, he would never ever step his foot in her building, except for that time when he was furious about Kara stealing his research. Secondly, he wouldn't be beaming this bright seeing Kara.

So his visit must be about something really important.....

"Sort off. Why didn't you get me coffee?" she protested, staring at his drink enviously.

"Your hangover is because you are dehydrated. Water is the best medicine, drink it!" he lectured her.

She groaned but did what he said. "What happened last night? I can't remember anything."she lied, that was the best move she could think of. Lost her memory about last night!

Stefan chuckled, believing what she was saying. Judging on how much she drunk last night that memory could easily escape her mind. He was slightly disappointed though especially when she couldn't remember that kiss, "nothing happen. You were drunk and I drove you home." He answered casually.

"What else?" still didn't want to look into his eyes as she continued her question.

"Nothing. You showed me your future husbands' list, you bought me drink and we went home."

"Did I say something stupid?" she was testing him. If he lied she would know.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, you tell me?" this time she stared into his hazel eyes. She had to face it, sooner rather than later. If he had to embarrass her, let it be now.

He leaned backward, taking his time, his lips were still smiling and his eyes twinkled.

That lips. She kissed that lips last night. She remembered everything she had done to him, including touching his chest shamelessly and told him how hot he was. But mostly she remembered how well he kissed her and to be honest she wanted more.