Chapter 52 - I Forgive You

She looked chilled. She smiled at him, playing the game that he played at the bar, till they reached home and no one was looking....

Her fangs were out.

She scowled him for the rest of the night, his plan to romance her, brought her on his yacht and stayed there till morning had gone out through the window.

It was all his fault. Why would he lied to her anyway. So far her reaction to his meetings with Katherine had been okay. She wasn't happy but she wasn't mad either. She was a very reasonable woman he had to admit, yet he lied to her.

She had been yelling on his face before slamming the bedroom door followed with the classic sentence that usually came out from an angry wife, "sleep outside."

Stefan rubbed his tired face with his palms. He was in his home office trying to solve the puzzles about Kara's accident and he hadn't got close to anything.

This is getting ridiculous he thought. It was all out there on his desk. He wrote everything down, from Katherine's information to Tim, the private investigator's report.

Connecting the dots wasn't as easy as he thought it would.

Evita....

That name created a frown on his forehead. That was the name that Katherine had given him.

Why would Evita wanted to separate Kara from him?

But before he could think it through he heard t Kara's soft voice at the door.

"Stefan...."

He quickly closed his folder and pushed it into his filling cabinet. He didn't want to upset her with his founding about her step mother.

Kara came in in her thin satin robe. Her hair was braided messily, her eyes slightly puffy from her sleep. She was bare feet.

"Hey..." he reached for her waist and pulled her onto his lap. "Are you okay? Why are you up?" he asked.

She didn't say anything, she just pushed her face deeper into his neck and looped her arms around it, feeling slightly guilty for yelling at her husband.

Stefan had apologised to her repeatedly about his secret meeting with Katherine, yet he thought it wasn't enough, "I am sorry baby...." He whispered in her ear and his fingers run up and down her spines.

He felt her shook her head softly, "That's okay Stefan. Can you tell me now why did you meet her?" she asked, still hiding her face against his neck.

He sighed. "I wanted to know if she got anything to do with the attack."

"What?" she lifted her face and stared at him, "I don't think she is Stefan!" she protested straight away and earned a smile from him. This was one of her quality, even though she hated someone, her common sense would still be intact and she would still be able to judge things fairly.

"No she didn't." he agreed with her. "I just didn't want to leave the stones unturned."

"Oh Stefan.... Let it go. Leave it to the police." She disapproved his detective activity.

"I am worry Kara...." He was being stubborn.

"I know you are, I am worry too. But I don't want anything happen to you if you go too deep with this..." Her palms wrapped his jaws and slowly brought her lips to him.

Her gentleness calmed him down. His worry went away as if it was never been there, his muscles relaxed and his brain now only concentrated to her kiss.

He returned her kiss, and soon soft unassuming kiss turned into a heated one.

She moaned when his hand travelled up to cup her breast.

"Baby..." he whispered against her lips. He pulled the belt of her thin robe and soon the silky material slide down over her shoulders, exposing her satin nightie underneath.

He growled in admiration when his eyes captured the perfect cleavage of hers and without wasting anymore time his gave her the butterfly kisses down her neck straight to her breasts.

"Stefan...." She arched back, making easier for him to explore her body, letting him run his hands against her smooth skin and claimed what was his.

She was on his laps, trapping him in between her legs and her short nightie exposing her beautiful thighs. His hand travelled down to her backside, squishing her buttock and earned a moan from her before sliding forward to touch the most intimate part of hers.

Stefan's breathing was harsh and his heart beat frantically. He was never be able to stay calm whenever she touched him and right now she run her fingers against his groin, driving him crazy with her teasing touch.

"I want you here baby...." He whispered again, almost exploded by how seductive her touches had been. Was she punishing him right now?

"Are you now?" she smirked against his lips.

"Babe please...." Kara couldn't think straight against his expert touch. She simply nodded and sank in on him.

He growled when she started to move in a slow torturing rhythm.

Kara's anger melted away as soon as he kissed her, and feeling him inside her, she only had one word to describe it.

Love.

She regrated yelling at him. She knew he wouldn't cheat on her, she was just upset that he didn't tell her anything about the meeting. But she trusted him so much that he must have a good reason to keep her in the dark. She had decided to let it go. It wasn't worth it to hold grudge against this most beautiful man in her life....

Her move became faster and faster and both of them finding their release soon after. She collapsed on his shoulder and he held her tight against his chest.

"Baby...." He panted.

"Just don't lie to me anymore.... Please?" she pulled away and stared at him.

"I won't... I promise...." He pushed her hair away from her face and stared into her brown eyes. "I promise."

***