Chapter 32 - His Sacrifice

Kara sat in the living room, stretching her legs along the couch, her eyes scanned the fashion magazine in her hands trying to relax her tired brain. The work had exhausted her lately and with the problem that grandpa had caused her, she knew she almost reached her limit.

She hadn't found a way out yet and now she was contemplating between taking her grandpa's offer or letting it go completely. She didn't do half way, she didn't like it.

She had been consulting with her friend Luke Russo, who owned the largest mining company in the country about finding her a suitable job so she could start over.

At first he was confused as hell at her idea. He called her nuts.

Why would she need a job? She was married to the Angelopoulos. She could stay at home or if she really wanted to work, she could run one of his companies, as easy as that.

But after she explained what had happened Luke had went all the way contacting his friends who owned companies to help her out.

That after he stopped laughing at her stupid move that earned a scowl from his heavy pregnant wife Samantha.

That was Luke alright, he took everything easy. She wished she could be like him, her life would be so much fun and less stress.

Well at least she had more options now, she just needed to wait a little longer.

She went back to check her magazine but nothing could stop her from thinking about her husband. She was alone tonight, Stefan hadn't been home yet.

She missed him.

Stefan had been out of town a day after the dinner meeting and when he got back, it was her turn to visit her troubled branch in Singapore. She was just back home two hours ago.

She was expecting him to pick her up at the airport but he hadn't answered his phone. She took a glance at her watch, ten in the evening. This was weird, he'd never been this late before and if he did he would text her. But this time he hadn't say anything and all her phone calls and texts hadn't been answered. She was a little worry. But she didn't want to call around yet, he might be in a pub somewhere in the city with his mates. He would be home soon, she thought.

And she was right, fifteen minutes later she heard keys jiggled outside the door.

"Stefan, where have you been?" she asked as soon as he entered the door.

"Meeting." He answered shortly and headed upstairs without giving her a kiss or anything. He hadn't seen her in days and he didn't even look at her?

Kara frowned, what was going on? She stood up and followed him and when she reached into the bedroom she froze.

A medium size of suitcase was on the floor and he started to throw his clothes in.

"Stefan?" she whispered in horror, "what are you doing?"

"I am packing. I need to go away for a week,' he threw his trousers in this time, didn't bother to fold them.

"Client meetings?"

He shook his head.

"Then why? Something that I did had upsetting you?" she asked again.

"Nope." he replied shortly, squatting in front of his suitcase to zip it close.

"Why so sudden?"

Stefan stopped and stood up to face her fully, "Kara, next week will be the end six month of our contract." He shoved his hands in his pockets. "I am expecting you not to be here when I get back."