Chapter 3

I hang up the phone and walk into the break room to try and find Deb. She was sitting in a chair with some sort of paper work.

"Hey, um.. Deb?"

She looked up quickly, acknowledging my presence.

"Yeah sweetie?" She said looking back down at her work.

"Um, one of the girls that I live with, Kalel, needs me home. She says it's an emergency. Do you mind if I go?"

"Oh, no. Not at all. Go ahead, if it's an emergency you should be there for her."

"Thank you so much!" I said walking over bending down and hugging her

"It's fine Hun, but you really should go."

"Thank you." I said walking out of the break room. I ran to my car and got in and sped down the backroads to our house. Luckily I got there in 25 minutes. I parked the car and ran into the house.

I walk in to find Kalel home alone on the couch shaking back and forth with old tears on her cheeks and new tears forming in her eyes. I dropped my shoulder bag on to the floor and ran to her. I bent down on my knees to hug her. I was worried of course, but I had to keep it together.

"Kalel honey? What's wrong?" I asked, "Where's Josh?!"

"He got called into work today." She said as she kept shaking.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can trust you right?" She said a bit skeptical, which hurt a bit, but that wasn't the point.

"Of course you can trust me Kalel." I said, giving her a confused look.

"Ok...here it goes..." She said breathing out a shuddering sigh "I think I'm pregnant."

My eyes widened as I pulled away.

"What?" I asked.

"I think I'm pregnant." She said with a nervously.

I don't know how to react should I be happy or sad or scared

"Well that's good for you and Josh. I mean we've been planning your children and their names and what they're gonna grow up like for forever. And now it's coming to life. But what I can't figure out is why you're crying."

"I'm gonna possibly have a baby. I mean what if I'm not ready? What if I don't want the baby?"

"Don't say that of course you want the baby. Here I'm gonna go to the store and get some pregnancy tests okay? You stay here. When does Josh get back?"

"5:00" she says sniffling and wiping her eyes

"Okay. Kat gets back in an hour. Is it ok if we wait for her? This is a big deal"

"Yeah, we should wait for her. She's my Best Friend."

"Ok I'll be right back." I said getting up and grabbing my shoulder bag. I walk out the door and to my car. When I get to the drug store I walk straight to the pregnancy tests. I buy 5 so we can be sure.

I get home to find Kat there sitting with Kalel who looked like nothing happened. She was a good actress.

"Did you tell her yet?" I asked she shook her head no

"Tell me what?" Kat said

"You wanna tell her?' I said

"Yeah." She said reluctantly, "Okay, Kat promise you won't tell Josh yet okay? I want to tell him alone."

"Okay... I'm scared" she said

"Okay, I think I'm pregnant, but I don't know for sure."

"Is that what's in the bag?" Kat asked and I nodded with a smile

"Lets go." Kalel said with a sigh

We all went into the bathroom. I opened them all and started to tell her what she needed to do before she swatted me away and told me that she's "not a fucking idiot". I handed her the tests and slowly backed away. I leaned over to Kat and whispered,

"Follow my lead." And she nodded.

Now I know what I'm about to do is mean, but it's the only way to find out what she really  wants.

She handed me the first one- positive

Second one- positive

Third one- positive

Forth one- positive

And the last one

Positive.

I looked at Kat and mouthed 'trust me'

She nodded again

"They're all negative" I said with a sigh

Her eyes widened "Well, I guess that's a relief." she said with her voice breaking and a fake chuckle.

"No little Josh or little Kalel to worry about" she said, now crying, while Kat was getting her a tissue.

"I don't know why I got my hopes up..."

I nodded at Kat signaling for us to give up the act

"They're positive" Kat and I said in unison

"What?" She said

"They're all positive, but now we know how you feel about having the baby." I said laughing

"You bitches. I love you guys." She said hugging us laughing and crying at the same time

"We know" I said

"I'm having a baby" she muffled into our hair

"I know Hun."