Chapter 2

I drove to the coffee shop in my black car and my purple and teal hair flying everywhere. With the L.A. Traffic on a Monday at 9:00 am I got there in 30 minutes. It's busy. With people. And my social anxiety doesn't like that. I go in there, order my usual Carmel frappè and sit down to wait. While I was twiddling my thumbs away at my phone I heard my name called, signaling that my coffee was ready. As I got up and walked towards the counter I bumped into someone and coffee went everywhere.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." I said awkwardly

"No, it's fine. Really, it was my fault I was texting not paying attention. I'm sorry." He said looking for napkins. He found some and handed a few to me.

"Thanks..." I said awkwardly

"You're welcome. Here, let me buy your coffee since I spilled mine on you."

"Oh. No, you really don't have t- " I tried to object but the but he was already up to the counter paying for my coffee, and ordering himself another. He came back to the table and handed me my coffee.

"Thank you but you really didn't have to." I said

"It's fine I ruined your outfit might as well buy your coffee." He said with a smile "Nice pajamas by the way." He said with a smirk, looking down at my ninja turtle pajamas and then at his coffee as he took a sip.

"Heheh thanks." I faked a laugh.. He was really cute...

"Mind if I sit?" He asked

"Oh, no. Not at all,  go right ahead." I said gesturing to the empty seat across from me. He smiled and sat down.

He was really cute. Geeky glasses black hair in a sort of quiff, dark brown eyes, black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt, and one of the brightest, dorkiest smiles I had ever seen.

"I'm Brendon Urie." He said holding his hand out

"Alexis Lovell" I said shaking his hand "call me Alex."

"Nice to meet you Alex." He said

"It's nice to meet you too." I said

Then my phone rang. It was my boss... but it's only 9:45.

"I'm sorry, I have to take this it's my boss." I walked away and answered.

"Hello?" I said

"Hi Alex, I heard you're covering for Leon?"

"Yes ma'am." I said cheerfully. She was the first boss I didn't hate.

"Well, I'm sorry Hun, but you're gonna have to be here by 10:00, Okay?"

"Oh um, I'll try the best that I can. I'm currently at the café in my pajamas."

"Okay, thank you darling. I'm sorry again that it's so last notice."

Deb, even though she was my boss it felt like she was my mother. She was protective and she treated me like her daughter. She gave me advice, love, care, support. Everything I didn't have growing up.

After I was done on the phone walked back to the table where Brendon was

"I'm so sorry, but my boss wants me in early. I have to go."

"Oh, okay..." He said sounding depressed.

"Um, I guess I'll see you around..." I said sadly

"Yeah, I guess.." He replied

I picked up my coffee and walked out.

I sighed as I walked my sorry ass to my car.

As I sat down in the car and set my coffee cup down I noticed something written on the bottom of the cup. It looked like a phone number, so I typed it into my phone and decided to call it later.

It took about 23 minutes to get to work. So I was about 8 minutes late.

"Hi Deb, sorry I'm late." I said walking through the doors.

"Oh it's fine Hun, I did tell you a bit short notice."

I just smiled and walked into the back room.

"Hey Deb?" I yelled to her

"Yeah?" She said walking into the room.

"Do you have any extra shirts here?" I said looking down at my coffee stained ninja turtles pajama shirt and black leggings.

"Yeah it's just a white t-shirt though."

"That's great. Can I borrow it so I can start the shift?"

"Right over here." She said walking over to a table in the break room and picking up a shirt off of the table and handing it to me

"Thanks" I said

I walked into the bathroom and shut and locked the door. I picked up the shirt and looked at it. Pikachu.... Fine by me. I changed into the shirt and shoved the coffee stained shirt into my purse.

I walked out to see the place was crowded.

"Holy crap there must be 50 people in this little store." I said to myself, speed waking to the 10 people in line at the counter. A few hours later it died down to just a few people.

I'm leaning on the counter reading the newest gaming magazine when my phone rings. It's Kalel.

"Hey!" 

"You need to get home now.'

"What? Why? I can't, I'm working."

"Please..." She said with her voice shaking.

"Okay, Okay, I'll try." I said feeling that this was now extremely important.

"Thank you" she said with a sigh of relief.