FIFTY- Where It Hurts (Prt. 2)

"It's a fact, homie, you go against me ya fucked." - 50 Cent

JESSICA

I just got to Nathan's house. My eyes widen as I jump out the car. Without closing the door, I start running to the front. It's police officers, ambulance trucks, and a couple of fire trucks all up the street and there's officers all in front of the house. Ant's car is still in the driveway and it's blood all in the grass. My heart starts beating fast as I try to rush in the house. "Ma'am, get back! You cannot go in there!" an officer yells at me, grabbing me. "Nigga, let me go! This is my father in law's house, what the hell is going on?" I yell. He sighs. "What's your name, Ma'am?" he asks. "Jessica Mitchell. What's going on? Tell me something." I say. "Someone broke into the home from the backdoor then shot him in his chest. I'm sorry, ma'am." he says. I swear it feels like somebody just stabbed me in my chest. All I can do is scream and cry on my knees. Nathan is in his seventies. I was literally planning his surprise seventy sixth birthday party. Who the fuck would want to hurt Nathan? He's a harmless old man who jokes a lot. He literally doesn't bother nobody. "I can't take this shit no more." I mumble, crying harder. I'm so tired of shit like this happening. First Montreal then Nathan.

I stand up then call Ant as I walk back to my car, still crying. He's sending me straight to voicemail. Keke starts calling me. "Hello." I mumble, cranking my car up. "Ma... granddaddy Nathan got shot." he says as his voice cracks. I don't say anything as we cry together over the phone. "Who the fuck would do something like this?" he mumbles. "Granddaddy Nathan just a cool ass old man who love everybody. I can't see nobody hurting him." Keke adds.

"Where are you?" I mumble. "The hospital. Mane... daddy in the bathroom breaking down. I feel sick, ma. I don't know what to do." he says. "Text me exactly where yall are, okay?" I ask. "Aight." he says.

Keke texted me earlier. I just got to the hospital. I take a deep breath then get out the car. After walking inside, I rush to the elevators then press floor three. I ride up there, then get off. I spot KeKe, Noble, Majesty, Jessie, Reign, Tez, Vonte, Adam, and Darius sitting down with tears rolling down their faces. "Where's Ant?" I mumble. "We don't know. He got mad and left." Jessie mumbles. Vonte and Tez glance at each other. Vonte rolls over to me in his wheelchair then motions for me to lean down. I squat down. "Trust nobody." he whispers. I look at him funny. "Trust nobody. It's a war, Jessica. Straight up. You loved but when it comes to war, loved ones do get sacrificed in order to win the war. Remember that." he whispers.

"I'm lost." I mumble. He doesn't say anything. Noble stands up. "Majesty, Jessie, let's go." he demands. "Sit down. Go where?" I ask. "I'm finding out who did this to Nathan. I don't care if you try to stop me, momma. You can't. So let's go yall." he says. That just scared me so much. He has that same emotionless look on his face Ant has when he's fed up and ready to let somebody have it.

"Boy, stop it now. I hate this happened but the last thing I want is my kids out here doing crazy stuff. Leave this shit to your daddy, alright? You and your brother ain't ready for the streets, Noble. Think about if something happens to yall. I'll be crushed. I know you don't want that." I say, looking in his eyes. He glares in my eyes. "I love you but ma, this is something I'm not letting go. Somebody hurt somebody close to me. Nathan ain't just a friend of the family. He been like a real grandfather my whole life and now where he at, huh? He in there half dead and the motherfucking doctors can't tell us shit but how he slowly in there dying! I don't fuckin care! I'm not finna be the only one with this feeling, aight? I'm not! Somebody else finna feel it too!" he hollers at me.

I snatch his face to mine by his chin then stare in his eyes as tears roll down his face. "Listen to me, Noble. Right now, you're just mad and trying to act off your emotions. I'm telling you, Noble. The streets ain't nothing to play with. These niggas don't give a damn, they kill babies everyday so what makes you think they won't be heartless enough to kill your sixteen year old ass? It's a grown man world out there. And they will treat you like one. Just stop and use your brain." I say.