TWENTY TWO- Pop Up

"Ring the alarm I been through this too long. But I'll be damned if I see another chick on your arm." - Beyonce'

REIGN

"What?" I ask Jah with an attitude. All my brothers and sisters are here at Montana's house in his pool and Jah's ugly ass decided to come with his girlfriend of all people.

"Why yo attitude so nasty? A nigga ain't worried about you, Reign." he nonchalantly says.

His girlfriend swims over to him then wraps her arms around his neck. Montana throws a beach ball at her head, making me laugh. "Ay, get about ten inches away from his ass, ain't no baby making goin' on up in here." he says.

"Montana, you bullshittin'." Jah says, pulling away from her. "You gone be bullshittin' for real when you end up with a baby." he says, then walks over to the barbecue grill. Jah's girlfriend looks at me. "That's an ugly ass bikini." she says, pointing at my light blue, purple, pink, and orange bikini. "This ugly ass bikini was custom made and costs more than everything you've ever owned. Bitch, bye." I say, looking at her crazy.

"Chill that shit out, real nigga shit." Jah says. "I don't even know her. She randomly said that, like what the hell?" I ask. "That's yo problem, Reign. You got a slick ass mouth. You be actin' like you can't be touched and you never even got in a fight. My bitch will fuck yo ass up." he says.

"Right." she agrees. "You know what... fuck you, Jah. You really showing out like you weren't just all in my face when you were at my house." I say. His girl looks at him. "That's true, Jah?" she asks. "Yeah, Lena, that shit true. But where you gone go? No fuckin' where so lose yo attitude." he says.

"You are an ass hole. Why are you even here?" I ask. "Cause I can be." he answers, then gets out the pool. I notice that guy that flirted with my mom at the mall, Quan walk over to Montana. My eyes widen as him and Montana get into what looks like a serious conversation. I wonder how he knows him.

I get out the pool then walk over there. "Montana, who is this?" I ask. "How are you?" Quan asks. I ignore him, staring at Montana. "This Quan. Quan that's my god daughter Reign. Reign, go get back in the pool. I'm handling business." he says. I blankly stare at him. He raises his eyebrow at me, daring me to get an attitude with him. I quickly walk away. I really don't want to deal with him when it comes to discipline. He really is crazy.

"Come here." Jah says, standing near the house. I walk over to him. "What?" I ask. He looks over at Montana, I guess to make sure he isn't looking. He grabs my arm and pulls me in the house where nobody is.

"Leave me alone. You disrespected the fuck out of me and I don't have shit to say to you." I say. He licks his plump, pink lips then laughs a little. "Come here." he says, then walks to Tae's bedroom. I follow him.

"Get out my lil brother room." I demand, watching him put a quarter in Tae's tall gumball machine my mom bought him. "Shut up." he says, getting his gumball. "This machine low key live as fuck. Where he get it from?" he asks, putting another quarter in. "My mom bought it for him. I don't know where she got it from." I answer.

He nods his head, then puts the other gumball in his mouth. "What you want?" I ask. He looks at me. "Why you so mean?" he asks. I ignore him then sit down on Tae's bed. My eyes drift off to the picture on his wall of my mom in the hospital bed holding Tae when he was a newborn and Montana kissing my mom's cheek. I wonder how things would be if they stayed together.

"What's on yo mind?" Jah asks. "Nothing important." I answer. He sits on the bed next to me then kisses me on my cheek. "For real, talk to me, baby." he says. "I ain't your baby. You such a dog, like, stop it." I say. He picks me up then forces me to sit on his lap. "Damn, then you got a bikini on too. Reign, you bout to fuck around and get dicked down in this bitch." he says, chuckling.