FORTY THREE- Teardrops (Prt. 1)

The book is about to take a huge turn. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse. Who knows? Lol :)

"When the last teardrop falls, I'll still be holding on to all of our memories and all of what used to be." - Blaque

VONTE

"Your love's like a big hug on a bad day, just what I need in my life." Nathan old ass sings along to the Tink song playing on the radio. We brought Reign with us and she listening to nothing but Tink as Ant drives.

No, we really aren't going to a strip club like Ant told Jessica. I refuse to take his ass to a strip club at this time. Usually when my brother say he trying to be loyal to Jessica, I know his ass halfway telling the truth. But this time he really trying. Jessica stabbed some sense into the nigga cause he called me thirty minutes after she stabbed him talking about how he wanted to go out and talk to a few jewelers to get her a new custom ring and renew their vows and everything else.

"You can be the voice I carry. You can be the man I marry." Reign raps along to the song as Nathan hums along. "Who you singing about niece? That lil nigga Jah?" I ask. "Better not be, damnit." Nathan says. "I agree with pops. Cause let me find out something still up." Ant says. "Yall niggas unrealistic. She what, fifteen? Lil niggas come with that age." Tez says. "No they don't if they wanna stay alive." Ant says.

"So, if I like somebody else, it's okay?" Reign asks. "Hell naw. You too young for love." Nathan answers her. "Daddy? What about when I turn sixteen next year?" she asks. "No. You can start dating when I'm dead and gone because I am not trying to witness another nigga having yo heart, Reign." Ant says straight up. "Awwww, him don't want daddy baby to grow up. Him gone be sad." I jokingly say in a fake baby voice.

"Vonte, shut your high ass up." Nathan says, laughing. "Actually, I have been sober for two whole weeks." I say. "Hell naw. You lying." Tez says. "Uh uh." Reign says, smiling. "Uncle Vonte, quit joking." she adds. "Naw, I'm dead ass serious. I gotta be able to pass a drug test to adopt if and when I decide to adopt. And plus my fertility doctor told me I need to lay off the drugs cause that affects my sperm and me being able to get somebody pregnant when I find somebody if I take that route." I say. "Damn, you serious about having a kid, huh?" Ant asks. "Hell yeah. And when I get me one, we gone smoke together." I say, just imagining having a son with some dreads that's into Bob Marley and wanna kick it and smoke with me when he becomes of age.

"See, you already messing up." Nathan says. "No I'm not." I say, chuckling. "My kids gone end up smoking one day regardless and I'd rather them smoke with me where it's safe instead of with these punk mothafuckin kids in the world who be smoking shit that's damn near poison." I say. "You sound dumb and smart at the same time." Tez says.

I shrug my shoulders, pulling my electric cigarette out my pocket. It don't have no weed or tobacco or anything like that in it but it helps me. I think it's more of a mind thing with me. Just seeing the smoke come out of this shit calms me down a little. I've been smoking weed since I was about nine years old so it's hard to break the habit. But I know that if I really want my child one day, I gotta cut it out and do this shit and take it seriously.

"Young nigga got a electric cigarette." Ant says, dying laughing. I throw my middle finger up,  inhaling. I exhale then look at him. "Be quiet. I'm taking it serious." I say. "Aight. I support you bro. Just please don't get a dumb ass bitch pregnant. Cause both of my baby mommas were dumb bitches. I was so glad when KeKe turned eighteen and I didn't have to deal with Kena dumb ass no more. She used to pop up at the house and shit acting crazy over KeKe choosing to be with me. And then before Jessie momma died I was fucking with her but she was crazy. I respect her though cause she died so Jessie could live and I wouldn't have him without her. But damn, please go raw on somebody you love. These hoes is hell out here." he rants, shaking his head. Little do he know, the only person I'm trying to bust a nut in is his wife as fucked up as it sounds.