35: Don't Let Me Go

«Well, this will kinda be a whirlwind, but it will have a happy ending for someone. I promise! Don't forget to vote/comment. This will make sense! Bye!✌

P.s. This is the last chapter!»
_______

Jackson

For the last two weeks Isaac has been distant from the family. I know that he's hurting and all but that's what i'm here for. I'm his man. Protecting, loving, and supporting him are part of my career description. I would have said job, but a career is something worth way more than a mere job. I know that he blames himself for what happened happened at his father's house and it kills me that I can't seem to change him mind about that.

He's rocking Kaidence to sleep right now since she's a little fussy right now and doesn't want to give in to her tiredness. Jai and Ai are already peacefully sleeping in her crib snuggled up close to each other. The cutest thing is that they are holding on to each other's all in ones. Kai let out another yawn, her eyes drooping heavily as she still tried to fight her already lost battle against sleep. I smiled watching Issy softly sing our stubborn daughter to sleep. "She's so stubborn already", I whispered getting a hum from him in response.

I watched them for another minute before checking the time on my watch. I had to be to work in a half an hour, but I want to talk to him before I leave. "Baby, I need to talk to you before I go. So can you please lay Kai down and walk me to the door?", I whispered. He shook his head and kissed her little head before standing up from the rocking chair and laying her in the crib on Aiden's other side. He grabbed a monitor before turning on the mobile and following me out of their room. He turned down their lights then closed the door and followed me towards the stairs.

"Babe, I know you blame yourself but y-" "Don't", he said interrupting me. I sighed, "Issy, it's not your fault. You can't keep blaming yourself for everything that goes wrong", I responded haughtily as we descended the stairs. "Just leave it, Jax. Regardless of what you say, it is. It's my fault. If I hadn't of been so deadlocked on going to my father's house Brett wouldn't be in the fucking hospital hooked up to tubes and wires in a coma", he snapped making me halt on the stairs. I turned around to face him and he was looking everywhere but me. I cupped his face in my hands before rising up on my tip toes and pecking him on the lips.

"It's not your fault, Isaac. You didn't know that sicko would show up and hurt your dad and brother. How were you to know baby? You just wanted closure and for your father to answer for what he's done. It's not your fault. You tried to protect him and the both of your families from a monster, but unfortunately plans don't always fall through. You didn't pull the trigger, he did and now noone has to worry about having to look over their shoulders anymore. He's buried six feet under and your father is in a prison cell where he belongs. That's all because you went over there to put an end to all of the drama and confusion that was going on. You're so strong, baby", I whispered caressing his cheek. "I-I- Jax?", he whispered, stuttering. "Yeah?", I breathed. "I love you", he breathed, his breath fanning over my lips. I smiled, "I love you too", I whispered back and gave him a short sweet kiss before finally resting down on the balls of my feet. "I'm making you late, aren't I?", he asked running a hand through his hair.

I hummed, "Yeah, but it's fine", I responded continuing on down the stairs with him in tow. When we made it to the front door I was shoved up against it and spun around. A pair of soft, slightly chapped lips were on my own and a warm sweet smelling ghost body was pressed against mine. "Issy, i'm gonna be late", I panted as he trailed kisses down my neck. He hummed against my tanned skin, sucking and nibbling at my Adam's Apple. He bit down making me moan before licking over it and pulling back with a sultry look on his face.